Internet sharing - Torrent download

Rockartisten

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

I have never been able to download torrents through tethering, but until recently it just started working (downloading at 1,3 MB/s). I don't have a custom rom or anything like that. I have a theory as to why it works all of a sudden, but first I'd like to know how it is for other Windows Phone owners. I have a Lumia 800 with the latest update by the way (7.10.8773.98)

Cheers!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've never tried, 3G is too slow to do anything that I don't absolutely need at the moment. It could be that your carrier is (or was) blocking torrent traffic. Maybe I'll try later on and see what happens.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Are you guys able to download torrents through internet sharing?

We have the strictest DRM laws in the U.S. I think people in the U.S. stay away from torrents. I had a friend download a TV show he missed because he forgot to set his DVR. His ISP sent him a threatening letter and told him he was being reported to someone. It happened a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Rockartisten

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never tried, 3G is too slow to do anything that I don't absolutely need at the moment. It could be that your carrier is (or was) blocking torrent traffic. Maybe I'll try later on and see what happens.
Well, if you end up trying it out, I would very much appreiciate if you posted the result here. Thanks!

Rockartisten

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
We have the strictest DRM laws in the U.S. I think people in the U.S. stay away from torrents. I had a friend download a TV show he missed because he forgot to set his DVR. His ISP sent him a threatening letter and told him he was being reported to someone. It happened a couple of years ago.
So, they are allowed to keep track of what you're doing? That's ****ing sick!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For someone in the US who wants to test if torrents can be downloaded, a safe option with no legal ramifications would be to download a Linux distro. Almost all distros have several download options, one of which is BitTorrent.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I can tell you that I tried downloading a torrent last night and everything seemed to work fine. I still think it was probably your carrier blocking it.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss