What phones will get 7.8?

str8nyce

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what exact phones will get the 7.8 update? I keep reading different types of responses online in various forums. Will 1st gen phones like the Samsung Focus also get the 7.8 update?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
According to the Microsoft press statement, all 7.5 WP7 devices will get 7.8. You need to be on at least 7.5 to get it.

Not sure on carrier release dates (if that will delay it) but, I am sure there will be a update cab that you can manually update your phone when it comes available If your carrier does not update your device.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
According to the Microsoft press statement, all 7.5 WP7 devices will get 7.8. You need to be on at least 7.5 to get it.

Not sure on carrier release dates (if that will delay it) but, I am sure there will be a update cab that you can manually update your phone when it comes available If your carrier does not update your device.

And this is what makes it confusing because all Windows Phone 7 launch devices are upgradable to Mango (7.5), Yet there are only a few 7.5 launch devices, which I believe are:

Samsung Focus S
Samsung Focus Flash
HTC Titan
HTC Radar
HTC Titan 2
Nokia Lumia 710
Nokia Lumia 800
Nokia Lumia 900

Some of the specs of the 2nd Gen Windows Phones are the same as the first generation.

You could even put the Titan 2 and Lumia 900 as a 3rd generation phone and have those be the only ones to get 7.8

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im pretty sure they ALL will , including first gen.

the only reason we are not getting WP8 is cause MS dint want to deal with all the OEM and RTMS having to make new drivers and the upgrade processes would be more of a hassle then anything.

all cause of new kernels

str8nyce

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've read a few different posts/forums and it's pretty much been 50/50. I'm assuming all phones will get but yet not sure. I really do hope all phones will get 7.8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05