Your responses to set my expectation (Verizon Customers)

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks. I was wondering if I could post my current situation and have some of you give me some insight. I signed up for Verizon Sept 14 on iPhone 5 pre-order day and ordered 4 iphones. 2 i5s and 2 regular 4 (the 8GB 4's were free). To shorten the very longer story and the 45 days of mulling this decision over I'll just say I am DONE with SPRINT and NEEDED to move to a better carrier for us. I could spend pages of text on that alone...

However, I am (was) an HTC Arrive user. So was the wife. I really like WP (but hated the lack of Sprint support for the device). If the I5 does not work for me personally, what could I expect for getting an exchange? Or a swap to one of the new HTC 8x, s, abc phones?

I was with sprint for 14yrs. Never owned an iPhone, so the eco-system is new to me. After setting up the 2 fours that came this week for the kids, and upgrading to iOS6, it left me feeling un-easy with my decision. They all love them, so this is just about me.

I know many of you are wondering even why I did this at this moment and couldnt wait it out for the WP8 hardware to launch... that is just part of the long decision I mulled over and there were other factors besides my personal preference that outweighed... me. I waited this long to see what Nokia and others were going to announce, but shipping WP8 in NOV just puts it too far out.

That said, the carrier change I (and wife) am hugely happy with. Hardware... I am really worried if I made the right move. So, those of you with any experince in a situation in which you got a new phone and didnt like it, how does that work? If the WP8 phones dont ship till November I beleive that is outside an exchange window.

Do I try to sell the i5 on ebay? Use the new HTC buy back? Find a friend to swap? I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill here but my celluar life has been pretty mundane for the last 14 years. I may end up liking the i5... I get the feeling I might not.

Anyone taking the time to read this and respond, I thank you greatly!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
You should have a 14 day window to return it if you don't like it. You have to pay restocking fees, I believe. If you wait longer and you don't like then sell it on eBay and buy something else.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That will do him no good. There still aren't any wp8 options available.
Yeah, thats the offical speech I got from Verizon about 14 day return, but he also told me a store could "make an exception on a case-by-case basis". I've read about some people having success at selling a phone on ebay and using the funds towards a new phone. tTat may be the situation I find myself in. I figure I just may have to pay full price for their WP8. ARGH!!!

Its not like Im going to cancel the entire line I'm porting...

I also read the Returns&Exchanges terms in MyVerizon. It says I have 14 days to cancel the service... and then under exchanges it says "a user is allowed ONE exchange". Nothing tying the 14 day cancellation to exchange though... unless I misunderstand the leagalease.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Selling the iPhone 5 will still get you a huge profit (granted you got the phones subsidized). You can probably get the latest WP8 phones in Nov(?) and buy them outright with the cash and possibly get a few NFC accessories to boot with the money left over. Ebay is good for that and Apple products do hold it's value (if kept in good condition).

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre