Is anyone else supremely disappointed in T-Mobile service?

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been dropping calls, losing data connection, stuck on 2G, getting told I sound muffled...

And now I can go to Verizon for less than 200 dollars a month which is close to what we pay at T-Mobile...so why am I paying for T-Mobile again?

RichardAZ

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it the antenna on the HD7 has anything to do with it. I have a HD7 in Austin, TX and my TMobile service is really bad. Whenever I drive into my neighborhood, I go down to 1 or 2 or sometimes no bars. It really makes my phone a lot less impressive looking that I can't even upload a picture or check on a person's status. Thinking I will go to Verizon as soon as the WP8 phones come to market.

fiveodano

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I live in a phone dead zone, all carriers. I can't get more than 1 bar with any of them. But Tmo works good for me once I get away from my house. I live just outside Los Angeles.

anon(5331912)

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
yes but I used a unlocked at&t phone and for some reason it worked better ,but also yes T-Mobile is not the best and services have been declining for years not sure why . I had T-Mobile in 2005 and I can tell you my service was better then when it comes to building penetration.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it the antenna on the HD7 has anything to do with it. I have a HD7 in Austin, TX and my TMobile service is really bad. Whenever I drive into my neighborhood, I go down to 1 or 2 or sometimes no bars. It really makes my phone a lot less impressive looking that I can't even upload a picture or check on a person's status. Thinking I will go to Verizon as soon as the WP8 phones come to market.
My girlfriend has the exact opposite problem on her HD7 here in Austin - she says she's getting great service (the phone itself is a different story - to get any sim card to read, I had to have her insert a piece of paper just thick enough to fit in the holder with the sim so that it would work).

I personally haven't had many problems at all with T-Mobile in all the cities/states I have lived in/visited since 2003. I must somehow be avoiding bad areas I guess?

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently drove to a gig from New Orlenas, LA to Little Rock, AR and the very poor coverage (no service, 2G data that doesn't really work) compared to the guys on ATT have convinced me that I need to look for another carrier.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I recently drove to a gig from New Orlenas, LA to Little Rock, AR and the very poor coverage (no service, 2G data that doesn't really work) compared to the guys on ATT have convinced me that I need to look for another carrier.

Something similar has been a real kicker for me, drove to Saint Louis recently and on the highway we didn't have anything except 2G, so that was freaking annoying...

Also, Verizon is just as reasonable

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Something similar has been a real kicker for me, drove to Saint Louis recently and on the highway we didn't have anything except 2G, so that was freaking annoying...

Also, Verizon is just as reasonable

Same thing for me when I went from California to Las Vegas a year and a half ago. Lots and lots of EDGE.

I'm not on T-Mobile anymore.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
That's a real shame because their coverage is great in cities but as soon as you're on the road, you're out of luck.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't consider the 8x as high end with 16gb. It's not even close to the L920 or the ATIV

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I would love to switch to T-Mobile, but the coverage isn't good at all where I'm at. Sprint isn't that good but it's a better option than T-Mobile right now, so I'm pretty much going to stick with Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720