Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cckgz4

I have been dropping calls, losing data connection, stuck on 2G, getting told I sound muffled...

And now I can go to Verizon for less than 200 dollars a month which is close to what we pay at T-Mobile...so why am I paying for T-Mobile again?

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    Yeah, my buddy live in Susanville CA is having same issue.

I wonder if it the antenna on the HD7 has anything to do with it. I have a HD7 in Austin, TX and my TMobile service is really bad. Whenever I drive into my neighborhood, I go down to 1 or 2 or sometimes no bars. It really makes my phone a lot less impressive looking that I can't even upload a picture or check on a person's status. Thinking I will go to Verizon as soon as the WP8 phones come to market.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I live in a phone dead zone, all carriers. I can't get more than 1 bar with any of them. But Tmo works good for me once I get away from my house. I live just outside Los Angeles.

yes but I used a unlocked at&t phone and for some reason it worked better ,but also yes T-Mobile is not the best and services have been declining for years not sure why . I had T-Mobile in 2005 and I can tell you my service was better then when it comes to building penetration.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Was also disappointed with TMO, have a Lumia 900 on AT&T and all is great!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAZ View Post
    I wonder if it the antenna on the HD7 has anything to do with it. I have a HD7 in Austin, TX and my TMobile service is really bad. Whenever I drive into my neighborhood, I go down to 1 or 2 or sometimes no bars. It really makes my phone a lot less impressive looking that I can't even upload a picture or check on a person's status. Thinking I will go to Verizon as soon as the WP8 phones come to market.
    My girlfriend has the exact opposite problem on her HD7 here in Austin - she says she's getting great service (the phone itself is a different story - to get any sim card to read, I had to have her insert a piece of paper just thick enough to fit in the holder with the sim so that it would work).

I personally haven't had many problems at all with T-Mobile in all the cities/states I have lived in/visited since 2003. I must somehow be avoiding bad areas I guess?

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    I recently drove to a gig from New Orlenas, LA to Little Rock, AR and the very poor coverage (no service, 2G data that doesn't really work) compared to the guys on ATT have convinced me that I need to look for another carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    I recently drove to a gig from New Orlenas, LA to Little Rock, AR and the very poor coverage (no service, 2G data that doesn't really work) compared to the guys on ATT have convinced me that I need to look for another carrier.
    Something similar has been a real kicker for me, drove to Saint Louis recently and on the highway we didn't have anything except 2G, so that was freaking annoying...

Also, Verizon is just as reasonable

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Welve View Post
    Something similar has been a real kicker for me, drove to Saint Louis recently and on the highway we didn't have anything except 2G, so that was freaking annoying...

Also, Verizon is just as reasonable
    Same thing for me when I went from California to Las Vegas a year and a half ago. Lots and lots of EDGE.

I'm not on T-Mobile anymore.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    That's a real shame because their coverage is great in cities but as soon as you're on the road, you're out of luck.

Not the service just the offerings in not offering any of the higher end WP8 devices

Quote Originally Posted by jabtano View Post
    Not the service just the offerings in not offering any of the higher end WP8 devices
    The HTC 8X is definitely on the way to T-Mobile. They have the info on their site:

HTC Windows Phone 8 | HTC 8X | New Windows Phone | T-Mobile

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    Add sprint to the list as well
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

scottcraft likes this.

I don't consider the 8x as high end with 16gb. It's not even close to the L920 or the ATIV

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I would love to switch to T-Mobile, but the coverage isn't good at all where I'm at. Sprint isn't that good but it's a better option than T-Mobile right now, so I'm pretty much going to stick with Verizon.

No problems here with 4G on my Lumia 710.....but I'm in T-Mobile's backyard.
    Wait until people start flocking too their unlimited plans. Enjoy your snail speeds.

Great 4G here in So Cal, all for $30 a month! Can't find a better deal elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Wait until people start flocking too their unlimited plans. Enjoy your snail speeds.
    As long as the Iphone isn't on T-Mobile, then speeds should remain high. Especially since Iphones only handle 3G/EDGE for those that BYOD on T-Mobile.