How important is the 7.8 update for you?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

stop quoting that stupid article. Joe Belfiore never said that and Microsoft has never said that. That article is speculative. 7.x updates still operate under the same carrier contract as 7.0, ****ty carriers have the say over when they can push updates and Microsoft has never used the clause about carriers only able to skip one update. In fact it has been proven with 8107 and Tango that this clause has no teeth.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Not all that important really, my phone does everything that I want it to do now. Sure, the update will make it better, but in my eyes, my Lumia 710 is already a beast.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The 7.8 update is very important to me. Actually, the update is one of the primary reasons I'm not buying a WP8 device. That and I don't at all have the money to buy my second smartphone in 8 months. Plus I usually keep my phones for at least 2 years before getting a new one and this time is no difference.

The new hardware is cool and I'm very excited about it but my Lumia 800 is probably the best phone I have ever had and it's just to soon to get a new one already. The phone is simply too good for that. ;) I'm very pleased that I'll get the WP8 start screen to my phone in WP7.8. That is the most important thing. Other than that I'm not really missing anything so it's a keeper for now. Wireless charging, NFC and all the will come later. :)

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
stop quoting that stupid article. Joe Belfiore never said that and Microsoft has never said that. That article is speculative. 7.x updates still operate under the same carrier contract as 7.0, ****ty carriers have the say over when they can push updates and Microsoft has never used the clause about carriers only able to skip one update. In fact it has been proven with 8107 and Tango that this clause has no teeth.
well then its really sad for you'll.
You'll should get off the stupid contracts cause you end up paying more.
I am not on a contract. I've got all the updates till now and I'll surely get 7.8.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Will you wait for it? Who cares, im getting a WP8? If you dont get it soon will it impact your decision on getting a WP8?

For me personally if I dont get it soon I will consider getting something else, I love my Samsung focus but those little issues like the disappearing keyboard and no one really does anything about it. I called at&t and all they could tell me was to buy a new phone, I emailed at&t and they said call at&t. It doesn't come down to I want the latest update but I want my phone to not have those little issues which there are fixes for them and no one does a thing about them. My contract with at&t is almost up, I will decide when that comes.

On another note sorry if it sounds like I have bad English but it took me like 20 minutes to type this up due to my keyboard disappearing every other word.
I will be waiting for it. My main reason is that I do not use any of the big cell phone companies because they charge ridiculous amounts for data (My dad pays $180 per month for one iPhone on Verizon).
I had Tracfone for a while, and now I am getting ready to switch to Ting. They will be supporting the HTC Arrive in November and then offering a Windows Phone 8 device in February or March of next year. So, until I can afford to spend over $500 on a Win 8 device, I will be sticking with the Arrive!
So, yes, the 7.8 update is important to me and I look forward to getting it! Hopefully sonner rather than later.

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It's very important i mean look at the Lumia 900 that a lot of people went crazy over, they haven't finished one out of there two year contract and if they got it for full retail price why would someone wanna spend another $500+ on a WP8 device. I got the HTC HD7S because the resolution is better than the HD7 and T-Mobile 3G bands work on it fine now but I still want 7.8 because the resealable tiles gives me more customization. The apps in the marketplace seem to be separate from windows phone 8 apps since applications have been released for each OS at different times which probably means that 1st and 2nd gen users will be able to use apps like facebook for another 2-3 years.

logman nick

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
if you want to update to 7.8 use the navfirm method worked for me and my 610 like yourself i got mine dirt cheap from car phone warehouse
since updating my 610 it seems faster and i've had no problems with it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos