Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Will you wait for it? Who cares, im getting a WP8? If you dont get it soon will it impact your decision on getting a WP8?

For me personally if I dont get it soon I will consider getting something else, I love my Samsung focus but those little issues like the disappearing keyboard and no one really does anything about it. I called at&t and all they could tell me was to buy a new phone, I emailed at&t and they said call at&t. It doesn't come down to I want the latest update but I want my phone to not have those little issues which there are fixes for them and no one does a thing about them. My contract with at&t is almost up, I will decide when that comes.

On another note sorry if it sounds like I have bad English but it took me like 20 minutes to type this up due to my keyboard disappearing every other word.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeemm View Post
    Will you wait for it? Who cares, im getting a WP8? If you dont get it soon will it impact your decision on getting a WP8?

For me personally if I dont get it soon I will consider getting something else, I love my Samsung focus but those little issues like the disappearing keyboard and no one really does anything about it. I called at&t and all they could tell me was to buy a new phone, I emailed at&t and they said call at&t. It doesn't come down to I want the latest update but I want my phone to not have those little issues which there are fixes for them and no one does a thing about them. My contract with at&t is almost up, I will decide when that comes.

On another note sorry if it sounds like I have bad English but it took me like 20 minutes to type this up due to my keyboard disappearing every other word.
    I certainly hope that not getting 7.8 now will impact anyone's decision on WP8... 7.8 is coming AFTER WP8 comes out and I don't even think anyone knows how long after.

Just in case you haven't done it, have you tried doing the force update trick to get the update? I've heard that many people have gotten around AT&T and received the update doing it.
    I will be buying a Lumia 920 immediately when available for purchase (hopefully pre-order). That said, I'm keeping my TITAN around as a backup and for demonstration, so I'm anxious about getting 7.8 as soon as possible.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I thought about doing the manual update but I am pretty sure I will mess something up.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    It will be hard for me to wait for 7.8 as I like to get the latest and I have a birthday in November. :)

I thought about doing the manual update but I am pretty sure I will mess something up.
    You're not going to mess up your phone. You're basically just pulling internet connection from your computer at a certain time (I assume when Zune checks for carrier approval or something). It's the official update. I helped my girlfriend do it on her HD7 for NoDo update. Worked the first time and she had no problems. Think I also did it for Mango so she could get it as early as possible.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    It won't affect me getting another WP device, but getting updates in a timely manner is a biggie for some people. MS need to show they can get a update out timely. I have had trouble updating since the pre-Nodo update.

That's one area when apple has pure dominance in. Updating everyone at once. It may get harder for them since they now have several phones out now using the same OS.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    I have an unlocked Lumia 900 and will be buying a 920 from Rogers the day it becomes available. Off contract (I don't deal with that contract BS anymore).

Now my 900 is a Rogers branded phone but it is unlocked. Unfortunately it is difficult and costly to get an unbranded unlocked phone here in a timely fashion. I suppose I could flash an unbranded ROM on it using the Nokia software, but we'll see.

As for the 7.8 update, I am going to be keeping my 900 for awhile unless my dad or his gf want a new phone, then I'll sell it to them. But I am very interested in seeing what 7.8 has to offer. Assuming Rogers takes their bloody sweet time with the update, I'll likely use Nokia's software to flash the branded 7.8 ROM onto it.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    I actually am with Telus, and I got my update about two weeks after the news made the rounds here. I was happily surprised.

But I'll wait and see with 7.8 because I don't think I'll get a WP8 device for about a year, and I'm pretty happy with my 800 as it stands.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts
    Wp 7.8 for my 900 for sure. If I decide to sell it, will probably get more with the updated OS.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    the disconnecting trick doesnt work. I have tried for a while now. I was able to do it for mango on the first try on my phone, my brothers phone and my dads phone. I was talking about the cab method.

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    Not getting 7.8 or it being delayed will not impact my continued use of my Lumia and/or getting the 920, but damn it sure would be nice to get it asap ;)

Global Posts
    1,414 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm still under contract, so a little delay on 7.8 for me won't make much difference. I'm staying with WP. But, on the other hand, I don't think MS should delay the release any longer than necessary, simply for the PR we can provide for them.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Who cares, im getting a WP8?
    that sounds about right!

But honestly don't expect WP7.8 till next year. WP8 will come out 1-2 months before! guaranty,

some reliable sources around the net even claim that MS decided to Come out with WP7.8 After so many people where complaining about not getting the WP8 update, meaning WP7.8 is not ready yet and Wont be before wp8.

the way I see it , WP7.8 is a favour MS is doing to does who got the Lattes WP7.5 phones.

it wont mess it up .... but this also WONT work until its released! the CAB method has a bigger chance of mess ups cause you dont get the RTM drivers.

the only reason you would do this is because your RTM has placed you in a Latter Que then others. it just puts you to the front of the line. nothing more.
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 09-25-2012 at 02:01 AM.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

It's not a big deal to me. I'm happy with 7.5.

I'll probably wait until sometime next year to get a new WP8 device.

I'm not in a hurry for a new device or a new update, since I'm happy with what I have now.
    selfcreation and lippidp like this.

Very Important.

There's only one rule - New is always better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSK the Gr8 View Post
    Very Important.

There's only one rule - New is always better.
    Except if it's iOS6, and you get Apple Maps. :P
    It is quite important for me even though I don't own a 7.5 phone
    Im hoping that with the release of WP8, prices for lumia 800's will come down even more, so I can pick up a super cheap 800 as my backup phone.
    After spending the last month using the backup phone I have now, Im telling myself, never again..

Hmm WP 7.8 is very important to me as I still have a year before my contracts end. After that im so gonna get a Nokia lumia. Bb Samsung. U crap! I think WP 7.8 will come in Nov -Dec . I hope it will be before Christmas haha

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express
    Windows Phone Lover :D
    Windows Mobile/Phone User since 2009 :D
    A Teenager that is 15 in 2014.

Devices Owned:
    Gameboy Color Anyone? :P (Broke)
    HTC Universal - WM5 (Battery Fault)
    Sony Ericsson W880i (Battery Fault)
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen (Surviving)
    Samsung Omnia W - WP7.8 (Battery Gone Crazy)
    Nokia Asha 210- S40 (Backup Phone)
    Ainol Novo 7 Crystal - Android 4.3 (LAG) (Lag so badly, don't wanna use it)
    Nokia Lumia 925 - WP8 GDR3 with Amber :D (AWESOME. But having issues with battery :/)

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Except if it's iOS6, and you get Apple Maps. :P
    or if it's Vista :P
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to the resizeable tiles, but I love my phone the way it is.

I'm not buying a WP8 phone anytime soon, just got my Lumia 5-6 months ago. If the 920 had been a little more amazing, as in not bigger and heavier than the current 900, that might have tempted me to buy a new one earlier, but as it is I can definitely wait for 7.8 and hang on to my Lumia 900.

A 920 that was a little even smaller and lighter than the 900, but with the upgraded memory, resolution etc (I couldn't care less about wireless charging) would have had my money burning a hole in my pocket.

Not that excited about Samsung and HTC's offerings so far. They are encouraging, but I haven't seen anything from anyone yet that comes close to making me want to spend 100's of dollars to get a new phone before my contract ends.

I'm optimistic that by the time I'm ready in a year or so there will be some more attractive choices. I'd really like to stick with Nokia ideally, so I hope they come to their senses and make a less gigantic phone that still offers 720p resolution and isn't just a budget model.

If not, I'm going to have some tough decisions to make....

I'd like to know what exactly is on the update and if sprint is even going to release it but im just waiting for next year when I think sprint will get a wp8. Hopefully lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Microsoft needs to pull an FU with the carriers on 7.8 and force it out to everyone's phones. Within 7.5 it is such a fragmented mess because of shtbags like ATT. Tango is AWOL for most phones on ATT after they promised they would release tango to fix the keyboard.

Global Posts
    4,448 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by juggalonation75 View Post
    Not getting 7.8 or it being delayed will not impact my continued use of my Lumia and/or getting the 920, but damn it sure would be nice to get it asap ;)
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Juggalonation. I'd like to have it on my phone, but it's not the end of of the world because I don't have it yet... And I'm not interested in figuring out how and if I can hack it on my 900.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    microsoft needs to pull an fu with the carriers on 7.8 and force it out to everyone's phones. Within 7.5 it is such a fragmented mess because of shtbags like att. Tango is awol for most phones on att after they promised they would release tango to fix the keyboard.
    +1
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast