How to get 3g with AT&T phones on Tmobile?

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If T-mobile is refarming their network to use AT&T's data bands, does that mean I should be free to choose any phone in AT&T's lineup for use with T-mobile in the future?

I have heard of people getting 3g with the HTC Titan on T mobile. In fact, the area which I live in is supposed to be one of the earlier places to use both AT&T and T-mobile data bands.

However, after trying in Seattle, Kirkland and Bellevue -- I have not been able to get a 3g signal yet with my HTC Titan on T-mobile. Anybody have any advice?

Here's a link to an earlier discussion:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/193999.htm

p.s. Yes my phone is unlocked

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i don't think anything specific has to be done, if you're already set to use tmobile on the phone. when your area is refarmed, it should pick up the new towers and the consequent 3g network

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If T-mobile is refarming their network to use AT&T's data bands, does that mean I should be free to choose any phone in AT&T's lineup for use with T-mobile in the future?

I have heard of people getting 3g with the HTC Titan on T mobile. In fact, the area which I live in is supposed to be one of the earlier places to use both AT&T and T-mobile data bands.

However, after trying in Seattle, Kirkland and Bellevue -- I have not been able to get a 3g signal yet with my HTC Titan on T-mobile. Anybody have any advice?

Here's a link to an earlier discussion:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/193999.htm

p.s. Yes my phone is unlocked
It is coming. Las Vegas is now live and refarming will be completed by then end of this year. You won't have to do anything. Your phone will automatically pick up the signal whenever it becomes present. The phone must be unlocked and you will only get 3G/HSPA+ if the AT&T phone is an LTE device. Here is confirmation...

T-Mobile Press Release Officially Announces Las Vegas 4G iPhone Speeds | | TmoNewsTmoNews

Las Vegas Network Refarm Now 75% Live, Nationwide LTE Network Coming By End Of 2013 | | TmoNewsTmoNews

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You ran HTC Connection Setup and selected T-Mobile correct?

Yeah, it successfully allowed me to receive picture texts. Still don't know how to get visual voicemail though.

It is coming. Las Vegas is now live and refarming will be completed by then end of this year. You won't have to do anything. Your phone will automatically pick up the signal whenever it becomes present. The phone must be unlocked and you will only get 3G/HSPA+ if the AT&T phone is an LTE device. Here is confirmation...

Yeah, but Seattle is also one of those places where the refarming has already been done.

T-Mobile launches campaign to lure iPhone users - seattlepi.com

From the above link:
"For now, that will be evident only in a few spots here and there in such cities as New York, Seattle, Las Vegas and Washington"

I figured that more of the area would be covered around here, seeing as how T-mobile is headquartered here. Maybe it's just in a teeny tiny spot in Seattle somewhere?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos