Deleting Pics Still in Rotation (album tile)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone set up to auto-sync with Zune? I ask because you can delete a pic, connect your phone to your PC, and Zune will toss the pic right back on there.

I also find Zune to be a bit sporadic when it comes to transferring pictures. Try this.

First, delete the picture from your PC (or move the picture to a different folder that's not linked to Zune)

Connect your phone

Let Zune auto delete the picture from your phone

With your phone still connected, use Zune to view the files listed on your phone.

Go to pictures and find the photo album whose cover you want to update

Delete that entire photo album from the phone and only from your phone. IIRC, you shouldn't even get the option to "delete from collection."

Next, switch back to your main Zune collection and click on Pictures

Now manually re-sync that photo album

That should *hopefully* re-sync all the pics only with a new image for the new album.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Did you upload it to facebook?

I am not a facebook user, but I remember someone else posting a similar problem, that a deleted picture kept coming back. It turned out that he uploaded it to facebook and the phone kept fetching it off of facebook.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this issue before, but if you let it go and don't worry about it, it will fix itself. Restarting the phone may clear them out. It seems like there is a hidden cache with resized versions of the pics for the tile and this cache gets updated at set intervals, possibly every 30, 60, 120 min???

Also, not sure if it's related, but possibly going into the pictures app and shuffling the backgrounds might speed up the cache update of tile pics.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Last edited:

turbulent

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
havent synced to my computer so pictures shouldn't be on there.
Dont upload any pics to skydrive or FB

Hopefully theyll just "clean up" after a little bit. Did try the reboot already as you mentioned sinime. Ill keep an eye on it

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You should definitely backup any important pics. You never know when you'll get hit by a random hardware failure or accidental fall.

But, before you sync to the PC, go into the zune software and set it to sync pictures at full resolution. Otherwise, photos backed up to your PC are at a lower resolution (which maybe u want?) IDK why the default is for lower resolution.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Ronin1019

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you dont want to see all deleted photos on rotation..what you do is make the photo tile in smaller size. or wait a while, and deleted photo will surely go away after it refresh by itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett