Zune Software

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Is this the least favorite part of WP7 for anyone else? It is awful. Wifi syncing stops working after a week or so. I am greeted with a multitude of Failure To Connect messages that require a 30 second depress of Return to clear before I can close the program.

I have a feeling the wifi sync failure is due to two WP7s talking to the same PC with 2 different users logged in, each with a Zune instance. Even if this is the limitation, that is poor. How do multi-iPhone households operate?

The syncing logic isn't that great. Can't tell you how many times it has just erased everything on my phone and then reloaded it (over USB, since wifi doesn't work). Thirty minute syncs are my favorite. I currently have about 45 songs on my phone after a wired sync last night that are now Unknown Artist. They were Known Artists just the day before, and are still Known Artists on the PC.

I used to have iPods and think that iTunes is better than Zune Software, and is easier to use. I hate the UI of Zune. If they're going to do tabs for everything, put it closer together. Why is Music/videos/podcasts on the left, and on the far right Artists/Songs/Playlists? Does Microsoft hate its users?

Is Zune dead and gone in WP8? I love WP7 but every time I have to do some media management in Zune it makes me wish I was on a different platform altogether.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's strange, because when I got the first gen WP7 device, Zune was zippy and easy to use. Now it's just as bad as iTunes.

I had my wireless sync working for about three days, but it stopped and I couldn't get it to work again. I stopped caring.

iTunes isn't better than Zune. I think they are equally horrible. If you want something worse than that, try google music.

With SD card support coming, hopefully we can skip Zune completely.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to barge in, but wireless sync? From Zune software to WP???
How...? Does it happen on laptops only or even desktops..?

Sent from my RaZr HD.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Personally i like Zune, but i don't do much with it.

I set up Zune to pick up the folders i use for Music, Pictures, Videos, etc, and it just syncs, generally wirelessly.

I very rarely actually do anything in Zune, but then i had iTunes setup the same.

Only thing that annoys me, is that Zune can't read the explicit & clean tags on my itunes collection.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Zune has gotten clunky lately, and I'm sure it's due to updating everything to "Xbox Music." Keep your pants on, it's not the end of the world.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If I type a song name in the zune search. When I search for it, it brings me to the marketplace. I don't want to look in the market place. I want to find the song in my music collection. Also the converter for the videos sucks.

Zune and WP 7 should be able to support more than just mp4 video files.

The WiFi sync doesn't break on my setup up though.

I also don't like that if I accidentally delete a file on my windows 7 music library, it gets deleted on the WP 7 phone too. I understand its syncing, but I look for that song later and its not there. That's annoying.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance but if understood correctly, Zune software is being replaced in WP8 (also for 7.8?) isn't it?

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know that in WP 8 the app may change to " Xbox music ". I have not heard that the actual Zune would change.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Is this the least favorite part of WP7 for anyone else? It is awful. Wifi syncing stops working after a week or so. I am greeted with a multitude of Failure To Connect messages that require a 30 second depress of Return to clear before I can close the program.

I have a feeling the wifi sync failure is due to two WP7s talking to the same PC with 2 different users logged in, each with a Zune instance. Even if this is the limitation, that is poor. How do multi-iPhone households operate?

The syncing logic isn't that great. Can't tell you how many times it has just erased everything on my phone and then reloaded it (over USB, since wifi doesn't work). Thirty minute syncs are my favorite. I currently have about 45 songs on my phone after a wired sync last night that are now Unknown Artist. They were Known Artists just the day before, and are still Known Artists on the PC.

I used to have iPods and think that iTunes is better than Zune Software, and is easier to use. I hate the UI of Zune. If they're going to do tabs for everything, put it closer together. Why is Music/videos/podcasts on the left, and on the far right Artists/Songs/Playlists? Does Microsoft hate its users?

Is Zune dead and gone in WP8? I love WP7 but every time I have to do some media management in Zune it makes me wish I was on a different platform altogether.

Zune is being rebranded Xbox Music for W8/WP8 but I don't know if they're making any major changes to the software itself...

BTW I happen to prefer Zune to iTunes, but I guess it's down to what you're accustomed to. I got my HD7 before my wife got her iPad. I also don't wireless sync, and even if I did, mine is the only WP in the household so I can't address your other concerns.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind Zune at all. Not perfect but it is easy and quick. I had an iPod Touch before I ever had any Android or Windows Mobile/Phone devices. I enjoy the iPod Touch but iTunes for Windows made me want to push a pencil through my eye. Slow, cumbersome and overall a mess.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind Zune at all. Not perfect but it is easy and quick. I had an iPod Touch before I ever had any Android or Windows Mobile/Phone devices. I enjoy the iPod Touch but iTunes for Windows made me want to push a pencil through my eye. Slow, cumbersome and overall a mess.

Well I agree there. But there were alternatives. With WP there are no alternatives. Unfortunately there is only zune.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Zune software to connect my Zune HD and my wp7 device without any problems. I use the wireless sync on both devices without any problems.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ditto, here. I've used Zune to manage my Zune Pass annual account and to sync a 5900-tracks-and-counting Collection across 2computers, 2 Zune HDs, and a Samsung Focus. My 32gb Zune player and my 36.9gb Focus are filled to the rim, so I wirelessly now sync only the Zune 64 which still has plenty of space available (or, at least I did before I sent it out for repair). I'd tweak the player software on the phone to allow me to set up and manage playlists, and do one or two other things; but I'm a very satisfied multi-platform Zune user, confident that Music + Video and Zune -by that or any other name- will continue to serve me well.

Enjoy the music...

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Been using wireless sync since I got my WP in June. Still works everyday almost six months later. Have never gotten a "cannot connect" message either.

I also attach my ZuneHD both wireless and by cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel