Whats The Deal With Tango???

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I Mean I Have HTC Radar 4G for T-mobile for a while now and i know before they said tango will be out before WP8 and i also read months back that T-mobile is rolling out the update for HTC Radar.

now with WP8 around the corner, are the old phones still gonna get tango or did it get subsituted with 7.8 ?

If anyone here have the Radar can you tell me if you got it or not....matter of fact did anybody with a windows phone from the u.s. get it yet?

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a samsung focus SGH-i917 and emailed att about it. They told me update has been available since 6/27/12 and that i should connect my phone to computer and update on zune. I told them it says my phone is up to date with 7720, they replied by telling me to contact samsung. Im in the process of contacting samsung.

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a samsung focus SGH-i917 and emailed att about it. They told me update has been available since 6/27/12 and that i should connect my phone to computer and update on zune. I told them it says my phone is up to date with 7720, they replied by telling me to contact samsung. Im in the process of contacting samsung.
when you find out whats happen? can you send me a private message and tell me what they say or reply to this message.

Thanks Mikeeemm

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
when you find out whats happen? can you send me a private message and tell me what they say or reply to this message.

Thanks Mikeeemm

Not a problem, I will be posting the emails they used to message me incase anyone wants to contact att.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I used to reply to Audi Byrd AT&T Email Customer Care for Wireless <icare3@amcustomercare.att-mail.com>

That was the first response I received when I asked about my phone not updating to latest update and stuck on 7720.

I replied with:
Hi Audi,
I called technical support and customer support several times and they are not aware of the update and all they can suggest is for me to buy a new phone.

Then I got a message from Gary Robertson
He sent me this:
Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding updating the software on your Samsung Focus to Windows 7.5. My name is Gary Robertson, and I am happy to help you with your inquiry.

I have verified the software updates for the Samsung Focus have been available since 6/27/2012. To complete the update please follow the instructions below.

The device update process:

1. Download Zune or WP7 Connector software to PC or MAC (if not previously installed).

2. Connect the device to the PC or MAC.

3. A full backup of the device is performed.

4. The update is applied to the phone.

5. The phone's data is restored from the earlier backup.

All WP7.5 updates are obtained through the Zune desktop software.

Then I replied by saying ive tried all of that and they sent me this:

I apologize that you are having problems updating your phone to the most
recent software version update Windows 7.5. For further assistance with
this issue you would need to contact your phone manufacture Samsung at
1-888-987-4357.

As always, we truly appreciate having you as a customer with our
company; thank you for choosing AT&T.

Sincerely,

Lauren Crider
AT&T National Solution Centers

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
This is the one I used to reply to Audi Byrd AT&T Email Customer Care for Wireless <icare3@amcustomercare.att-mail.com>

That was the first response I received when I asked about my phone not updating to latest update and stuck on 7720.

I replied with:
Hi Audi,
I called technical support and customer support several times and they are not aware of the update and all they can suggest is for me to buy a new phone.

Then I got a message from Gary Robertson
He sent me this:
Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding updating the software on your Samsung Focus to Windows 7.5. My name is Gary Robertson, and I am happy to help you with your inquiry.

I have verified the software updates for the Samsung Focus have been available since 6/27/2012. To complete the update please follow the instructions below.

The device update process:

1. Download Zune or WP7 Connector software to PC or MAC (if not previously installed).

2. Connect the device to the PC or MAC.

3. A full backup of the device is performed.

4. The update is applied to the phone.

5. The phone's data is restored from the earlier backup.

All WP7.5 updates are obtained through the Zune desktop software.

Then I replied by saying ive tried all of that and they sent me this:

I apologize that you are having problems updating your phone to the most
recent software version update Windows 7.5. For further assistance with
this issue you would need to contact your phone manufacture Samsung at
1-888-987-4357.

As always, we truly appreciate having you as a customer with our
company; thank you for choosing AT&T.

Sincerely,

Lauren Crider
AT&T National Solution Centers
thanks i have Tmobile, so im guessing it will be the same story for me

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
After explaining to samsung what happened they responded with plug your phone to pc open zune and you should be able to update to mango.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it is called, you were lied to. You choice is to:

Get an unlocked 7.x device

Get a WP8 device.

Carriers completely screwed Microsoft on updates....Microsoft gave them a chance, now WP8 updates will come direct for enthusiasts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)