Backup 1 Lumia 900, Restore onto a 2nd Lumia 900?

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a fresh backup of my Lumia 900 which is now being replaced by a new Lumia 900.

Can I not do a restore of that backup onto the new Lumia 900 to get all of my apps (especially the 3rd party apps) and the data & settings?

Apple makes this VERY easy, hopefully Microsoft is doing likewise (or heading there soon).

/BD :cool:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No, it wont work. Can only restore to the original phone. You can redownload all your previous apps and do not have to pay for them again, just going to be tedious doing it, though you can do it from windowsphone.com to make it easier.

Your pictures should be synced to your pc and your email and contacts will sync right back. Only thing you'll lose is SMS/MMS and app settings.

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
No, it wont work. Can only restore to the original phone. You can redownload all your previous apps and do not have to pay for them again, just going to be tedious doing it, though you can do it from windowsphone.com to make it easier.
That is really a shame!

Microsoft should know better, folks are constantly replacing and/or changing phones. I do love WindowsPhone but this capability really should be (like IOS & iTunes for the iPhone) a standard part of the offering(s).

/BD :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss