Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Anybody else having issue's with facebook chat not working ? All i get is the "cannot connect to see who is online " error , Same on wifi or 3g

Gone through various supposed fixes i found online like my deleting facebook account from the phone then re adding it , but no joy , this happened out of the blue

I havnt changed any setting atol, i use thus feature alot, one of the main reasons i love my lumia 800

Anybody have any suggestions ?

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Anyone else is having problems connecting to chat (Messaging) in their WP today?
    I've noticed this since the morning. Also, it seems I'm not getting the Kik toast notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkdan View Post
    Anyone else is having problems connecting to chat (Messaging) in their WP today?
    I've noticed this since the morning. Also, it seems I'm not getting the Kik toast notifications.
    Yup! Got the same "error". I'm actually glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem, I guess it's something wrong at MS's end then. Miss my IM :(

Quote Originally Posted by seanocasey View Post
    Anybody else having issue's with facebook chat not working ? All i get is the "cannot connect to see who is online " error , Same on wifi or 3g

Gone through various supposed fixes i found online like my deleting facebook account from the phone then re adding it , but no joy , this happened out of the blue

I havnt changed any setting atol, i use thus feature alot, one of the main reasons i love my lumia 800

Anybody have any suggestions ?
    Yup, having the same problem here. Started this very morning when I turned the phone on. Guess it's a widespread error and the problem is at Microsofts end. Probably be up and running soon enough.
    colum o neill likes this.
    Same problem here. I don't use the IM chat feature all that often but now that it's not working I'm fixated on the problem and constantly checking to see if the issue has been resolved haha.
    colum o neill likes this.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addman View Post
    Yup! Got the same "error". I'm actually glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem, I guess it's something wrong at MS's end then. Miss my IM :(
    Yes, it's pretty frustrating. Thanks!

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yeah I also have that issue.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Same issue (Lumia 800) - I attempted a hard reset, but it didn't help. What might be the problem?
    Same prob here. Havent attempted any fixes........but it looks like there aren't any solutions anyway. Looks like we're just going to have to wait till MS fixes the issue.

Reminds me of the FB problems from the summer......ah well.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Just seen it on a AT&T NL 900.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille DL View Post
    Same issue (Lumia 800) - I attempted a hard reset, but it didn't help. What might be the problem?
    Oops, seems a little drastic. I've learned that it's better to ask if it's a widespread problem before hard resetting. I can't count the number of times I did that only to find that it didn't solve the issue.

Anyway, seems like it's something on Microsoft's end.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Last night I installed Lumiatrix v5 and I tried to connect to Facebook chat on my Nokia Lumia 710, I keep getting cannot connect.

I thought it was just the rom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

the msn/facebook chat wasn't working on my phone till 5 minutes ago, now it's working

Chat (both MSN and Facebook) is working again for me, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by willdoors View Post
    the msn/facebook chat wasn't working on my phone till 5 minutes ago, now it's working
    Yup, connected here too now.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Nothing here yet... And no Kik toast notifications either

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille DL View Post
    Chat (both MSN and Facebook) is working again for me, how about you?
    Nothing here yet, and no Kik toast notifications either... are you in the US?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    My messaging haven't worked in months.
    All systems go here in Chicago on my T-mobile HD7.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I'm back up in Alabama
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Oops, seems a little drastic. I've learned that it's better to ask if it's a widespread problem before hard resetting. I can't count the number of times I did that only to find that it didn't solve the issue.

Anyway, seems like it's something on Microsoft's end.
    Ugh I just started doing it. Sitting there waiting and decided to come on here and what do I see. Lol. LESSON LEARNED! I'll be checking first next time.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I was just able to connect for the first time today. Glad it's working again.

Nothing here yet, and no Kik toast notifications either... are you in the US?
    No, I'm in Europe.

Mine now connects but says no one is online, when i know that there is ? How have microsoft not fixed this by now if its so widespread
    ^ Don't know but everything is good where I'm at.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast