Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    :excl:I would like to do it digitally, there are some conversations that are really important to me. I would like to back them up and archive em, problem is there is no screenshot function in the phone and no obvious way to back them up. I don't know what I need to do it homebrew, any good homebrew apps or tools on my msdn account that might help. I figured I'd check with you guys, I don't care if it is a crazy method. I have a Windows 8 machine, a Windows 7 Machine, and a Mac running Mountain Lion.

If I can't figure it out I'll just take pictures using my other phone, but this isn't my preferred way. I checked the FAQ and did a search and nothing turned up. Even a definitive no would be nice.

Global Posts
    3,044 Global Posts
    Definitively, no. :) Unless you are running a device that can be hacked for sideloading there's no way to get your texts off a WP7 device, I'm afraid.

Didn't Nokia release something for that recently?

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I want to see these apparently epic texts.

Global Posts
    3,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post

If they did I haven't heard about it.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post

You're talking about them releasing an update for Nokia Suite supporting Lumias, but that didn't include text message backup.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Don't most phone carriers keep texts for two years? Ask them if yours does.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Well, if you had a dev account ($99/yr) you could sideload Screenshot which would do what you need need it to. Do you know any developers? They can add up to three devices to their account. You probably only need to be unlocked for a week or two. The unlock process is simple, but you really need to be sitting at the devs machine to do it. Sideloading is just as simple.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Bit long winded, but can't you just copy and paste them into an Office note for example?

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    How to back up and restore your Windows Phone data | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

That will make you a backup...if you want to see them afterwards you would need to restore the backup to your phone as far as I know. But its a start I suppose.

Their is a website called (Treasure Text) all you need to do is send your text to the number they provide so just copy then send all your texts you want to keep, and you'll have your own we hub of texts you want to keep on that site works a treat! Hope that helps.