I need to extract my text messages off of this phone somehow.

ineedadollaortwo

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
:excl:I would like to do it digitally, there are some conversations that are really important to me. I would like to back them up and archive em, problem is there is no screenshot function in the phone and no obvious way to back them up. I don't know what I need to do it homebrew, any good homebrew apps or tools on my msdn account that might help. I figured I'd check with you guys, I don't care if it is a crazy method. I have a Windows 8 machine, a Windows 7 Machine, and a Mac running Mountain Lion.

If I can't figure it out I'll just take pictures using my other phone, but this isn't my preferred way. I checked the FAQ and did a search and nothing turned up. Even a definitive no would be nice.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Definitively, no. :) Unless you are running a device that can be hacked for sideloading there's no way to get your texts off a WP7 device, I'm afraid.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you had a dev account ($99/yr) you could sideload Screenshot which would do what you need need it to. Do you know any developers? They can add up to three devices to their account. You probably only need to be unlocked for a week or two. The unlock process is simple, but you really need to be sitting at the devs machine to do it. Sideloading is just as simple.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

MartyL7

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Their is a website called (Treasure Text) all you need to do is send your text to the number they provide so just copy then send all your texts you want to keep, and you'll have your own we hub of texts you want to keep on that site works a treat! Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte