Disappearing tiles... oh my

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My first Windows Phone problem ever. Just out of nowhere today, a handful of tiles vanished from my screen leaving big black blank spaces where they one were.

What's worse... when I go to re-pin the tile there, I can't. The option to "pin to start" is greyed out, as if the tile is already there.

Tried rebooting the phone, moving tiles around, deleting some and putting some back, but nothing fixes it.

Did they purposely break my tiles in that last update so I have to buy a new WP8 phone or what? :p

Seriously though, has anyone else encountered this and know of a solution. I'm out of ideas aside from deleting the offending apps and reinstalling them. :straight:

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
best is to delete the offending apps and reinstall, this type of thing I have seen happen after an update to the os or the app, me some apps don't update right and create 2 of themselves and then its just confusing...I haven't had the disappearing apps I have had double apps and tiles not work

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's really odd. I have not had that happen yet.

The only issue I've had is when live tiles stopped updating after I updated an app. I've resolved that issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling the offending app.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a bunch of tiles go blank once, matching the accent color, but a soft reset cleared it up.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
best is to delete the offending apps and reinstall, this type of thing I have seen happen after an update to the os or the app, me some apps don't update right and create 2 of themselves and then its just confusing...I haven't had the disappearing apps I have had double apps and tiles not work

Yeah I deleted and reinstalled one of the free apps and that did the trick.

If I delete and reinstall paid apps though, am I going to be charged for them again? Will I lose the data associated with them, settings etc.?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

If I delete and reinstall paid apps though, am I going to be charged for them again? Will I lose the data associated with them, settings etc.?

I've never been charged again when I've deleted and reinstalled paid apps, but I did have to reset my settings.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

When I reinstalled paid apps in Marketplace I just hit the "buy" button and then I'm prompted "you have already paid for this app". I haven't been recharged yet.

Yep, you're going to lose your data associated with the app.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you click on the black tile. If you want to uninstall and reinstalled paid apps, you will not be charged again if you use the sam account to install them again. Click buy, the the message should say you have already purchased the app. Lastly, before you uninstall mke sure the app is still available in the marketplace.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett