FINALLY - A weather app with a live tile that works!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
BeWeather. I've gone though a bunch of free and paid apps but NONE would update live tile without me having to launch the app first. This one does and is accurate to boot. I used the trial for a week, then finally sprung for the full version 2.49. For me its worth it to pay a developer for a good app.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Weather apps seem to be a tough bunch in regards to working correctly. I use Weather Channel app and have no issues with the live title. It wasn't always that way however. The first few versions of the app also had live title issues.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, both WeatherLive and Amazing Weather seem to work pretty reliably for me. I'm a big fan of both of those.

Weather Master updated reliably too from what I remember but I uninstalled it a while ago because the weather data seemed too inaccurate.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been using weatherLive for some time and the tile works properly.

I've also been using WeatherLive and it updates the tile. However, with most of them, I've found that the tile won't update if it has been several days since you were last in the app.

I liked the Weather Channel app but it seemed like it was draining my battery faster than I wanted. I think because of the radar on the tile flip. But I did love that feature. It let me know about a bad storm that was coming and I was able to get back home before the wind hit.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Weather apps seem to be a tough bunch in regards to working correctly. I use Weather Channel app and have no issues with the live title. It wasn't always that way however. The first few versions of the app also had live title issues.

I've tried that one too but the same thing happens with it. No update of the live tile unless I tap the tile and launch the app. I still wonder why that even the paid weather apps I have don't work on my Lumia 900 as it supposed to. Weather Smiles was the last one with promise and I had the paid version of that one. It was a fail too. Weather Channel, Weather View, Weather Flow, Amazing Weather, Accuweather, Gismeteo, Vieather all failed on my Lumia 900. Let me qualify, not failed as in them doing what they do but the LIVE TILE failed, unless I tap them. Its not what I wanted.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought the Weather Channel App was active as a live tile?? I don't own a WP myself yet, but my best friend has one and I always thought that...

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I've tried that one too but the same thing happens with it. No update of the live tile unless I tap the tile and launch the app. I still wonder why that even the paid weather apps I have don't work on my Lumia 900 as it supposed to. Weather Smiles was the last one with promise and I had the paid version of that one. It was a fail too. Weather Channel, Weather View, Weather Flow, Amazing Weather, Accuweather, Gismeteo, Vieather all failed on my Lumia 900. Let me qualify, not failed as in them doing what they do but the LIVE TILE failed, unless I tap them. Its not what I wanted.
Are you using the Nokia exclusive Weather Channel version? I got rid of that one and using the one available to all. Didn't care for Nokia's version.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues with Weather Live, Amazing Weather, and the Weather Channel app.

Currently, I just use Weather Live and Amazing Weather. Both update by GPS on the tile too!! Exactly what I wanted.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the Nokia exclusive Weather Channel version? I got rid of that one and using the one available to all. Didn't care for Nokia's version.

I don't think I went to the "Nokia" version. But I've tried more weather apps and paid for more weather apps than I think I needed to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism