So WP7 users cant use new sync software, while Zune is no longer available...

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Granted, most people probably have it installed already, but what about those that need to re-install it and dont have the installer?

Dont know why they couldnt of made the new software work with Wp7.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed Zune Desktop on Win 8 Pro yesterday. No issues what-so-ever...
That is great, but what about WP7 and Surface RT users? Granted, I have a Windows 8 Pro desktop, but why leave potential WP7/Surface RT users in the dark?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure what you are asking. Even if I did why would you think I would know these things? I'm just saying you can put the Zune desktop client on Win 8 if you need / want to sync your phone.
Not trying to be rude but there is a whole bunch of new things going on out there atm. May just need to wait until some of the dust clears.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think what he's saying is that for those who have a Surface RT, since they can't install traditional desktop apps, how can he sync his WP7 device? While Zune is available to install, he wouldn't be able to do so. He has a valid point and I think it's something that Microsoft will hopefully address today at the WP event.

While most of us will probably be running standard Windows 8, those who are using Windows RT will be needing a solution.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The "Metro" store got the Windows Phone 8 syncing app like yesterday, maybe give that a shot? It might be backwards compatible?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think what he's saying is that for those who have a Surface RT, since they can't install traditional desktop apps, how can he sync his WP7 device?

Having a computer has always been a requirement for syncing your WP7 device. Windows 8 RT isn't really a computer, its a tablet. Thats equivolent to saying you can't sync your iPhone to your iPad.

If you have stuff you need to move between the 2 platforms, Skydrive needs to be used, in the same way you'd use the iCloud if using iPad/iPhone.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Having a computer has always been a requirement for syncing your WP7 device. Windows 8 RT isn't really a computer, its a tablet. Thats equivolent to saying you can't sync your iPhone to your iPad.

If you have stuff you need to move between the 2 platforms, Skydrive needs to be used, in the same way you'd use the iCloud if using iPad/iPhone.

If Windows RT isn't a real computer OS, then there's no point to it.

If Windows RT is like iOS or Android, they could have just thrown WP8 on a tablet and called it done.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Over the weekend I did a clean install of Windows 8 Pro that I received from Amazon. I realized after a while that I had not installed Zune or saved the download from my previous install so I freaked out at first, cause my Lumia was recognized when I plugged it in. Eventually I was prompted to go ahead and download the Zune software on my PC - it runs as a traditional desktop app rather than a Modern UI one if I'm not mistaken.

Off-topic - I'm really digging Windows 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12