Wp 7.8 coming first in Finland

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I read the translated page and it mentioned going through approval of the carriers now, which had been previously reported as being unnecessary. That's going to refresh fears and concerns about the 7.8 update not making it to AT&T Lumia 900's before the end of the year or anytime next year.

zolgi

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I read the translated page and it mentioned going through approval of the carriers now, which had been previously reported as being unnecessary. That's going to refresh fears and concerns about the 7.8 update not making it to AT&T Lumia 900's before the end of the year or anytime next year.

That?s right but in Finland carries doesn?t modify the phone software like in US or other countries.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Since WP8 devices aren't being sold yet here in the states and AT&T probably wants to protect their investment in the Lumia 920 and other devices that they will be selling for the holiday blitz, the chances of getting the official Lumia 900 7.8 update before December are extremely slim. I'd love to see the update land before Christmas, but I think AT&T will still want people opening up new Lumia 920's versus getting updates to their less than a year old Lumia 900's.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Finland - Check
Lumia - No check :( Damn Omnia 7 :D Can't complain, got this for free though and it goes to my fiancee when I get the 920.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Over the past four-five hours there have been links showing the 7.8 software being live on the Lumia 900 in China. Doesn't mean that we are getting 7.8 tomorrow or the day after. It doesn't even mean that China's build will resemble the final build released here in the states. It's possible they have a stripped down version for the sake of eliminating access to certain things. They are a communist country after all.

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just read a little from that article and the MS rep basically says that they don't want to confuse potential WP8 buyers with having two very similar interfaces to choose from when WP8 devices are the ones they will be focusing on. I guess it's ready but they're withholding on purpouse. I can clearly see his point, doesn't suck any less for us 7.5:ers out there though. :( At least my gf will get it early on her 610, me and my LG have to wait I guess *double sad face*.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How would releasing WP 7.8 be confusing to potential WP8 buyers? Selling WP7.8 devices in stores maybe, but releasing the update to people who have a WP device, is going to confuse someone who doesn't. I don't get that logic.
Just read a little from that article and the MS rep basically says that they don't want to confuse potential WP8 buyers with having two very similar interfaces to choose from when WP8 devices are the ones they will be focusing on. I guess it's ready but they're withholding on purpouse. I can clearly see his point, doesn't suck any less for us 7.5:ers out there though. :( At least my gf will get it early on her 610, me and my LG have to wait I guess *double sad face*.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3