Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi there, I'm trying to find a way of capturing a video of a game running on Windows Phone 7. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how?
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo Wing View Post
    Hi there, I'm trying to find a way of capturing a video of a game running on Windows Phone 7. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how?
    Native screen capture is not available on Windows Phone 7.x. There is a way to get screen captures, but you need to have a developer unlocked device to sideload an app that does this. Your phone would need to be connected to a PC when you use it.

The 7.8 update was confirmed to have a screen capture feature on legacy devices. I suppose you can wait it out or get a developer unlock phone. You can also maybe run the windows phone 7 emulator with visual studio 2010
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBXVx97 View Post
    The 7.8 update was confirmed to have a screen capture feature on legacy devices. I suppose you can wait it out or get a developer unlock phone. You can also maybe run the windows phone 7 emulator with visual studio 2010
    In the 7.8 builds seen in China the native screen capture was not found. Either it was removed from the Chinese build or more likely it was a feature that was removed from the final release for one reason or another. If this feature remains that's great, but based on what has come out I think the 7.8 update is going to be fairly basic as not to take away from the Windows Phone 8 devices rolling out.