- if the thief will be indoors the GPS will not work and I can't refresh windowsphone.com all day, for days, untill he gets a GPS signal.
- If thief has GPS signal but he already switched the SIM, all is lost.
I hope they will also add some important features like:
- Find my phone also through phone/internet provider triangulation.
- Phone lock when a different SIM is inserted, and the new SIM ID to be sent to an email account or/and at different smartphone(SMS).
- Option of Ring/Lock/Wipe to the new SIM number.
- Taking a photo of the thief every few minutes and send them to an an email account (Optional but I don't think is hard to add this feature).
- Send ID and photo as soon as phone service or internet is available.
- Optional, calling the phone undetected and listening the thief as a alternate ID-ing the thief.
I'm willing to pay as much as it takes for a software that does the above things, but for now there isn't anything good for me on the market. There are softwares (Kaspersky) that do that, but they don't work on Windows phones.
I hope some software developer reads this and make a good product for us. I had a N8 and a N9 that was stolen from me. I'm sick of letting the bastards ruin my life. The satisfaction of catching the thief would be priceless.
Sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by Dospinescu Sorin Traian; 11-13-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Happened to me with a Nokia 5530 XpressMusic. I know how you feel. Except I was attacked for the phone, and had to be taken to hospital over it. Thankfully I made a full recovery. I reckon insurance will use it as a get-out clause that they won't insure WP for theft because of how poor the Find my Phone software is. Trust me, I bet they do it...