7.8 soon?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you did not post that link only because you want that writer to get more hits on his post?!

He wrote one line "Finally, I had my hands on Windows Phone 8. Surprise! It’s not that different from Windows Phone 7.5. When Windows Phone 7.8 arrives in a few days, the two operating system editions will be almost identical"

This counts for NOTHING.

andystech

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you did not post that link only because you want that writer to get more hits on his post?!

He wrote one line "Finally, I had my hands on Windows Phone 8. Surprise! It?s not that different from Windows Phone 7.5. When Windows Phone 7.8 arrives in a few days, the two operating system editions will be almost identical"

This counts for NOTHING.

I did not post this for more traffic to the article, as I stated it was not an official announcement so of course 'counts for nothing'.

Geez, just sharing something I found :happy:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
@rockstarzz... lighten up. I post links all the time to rumors and mobile gossip. What else would we post about and discuss if not gossip? I am STILL trying to live down the post I linked from Phone Arena saying Verizon was getting a 920. But, if I found another link saying they were, I would post it.

As for 7.8, I kinda hope it is a little ways off. Two reasons:

1) I prefer all attention from MS be on the WP8 launch and any firmware updates needed. It is vital to the existence of our favorite OS that this launch be successful and supported. They say you never 2nd get a chance to give a good first impression. Actually, in this case they are wrong. Yo do not get a chance to give a second impression like this again. Keep the eyes on the prize, MS.

2) The longer between the 8.0 launch and the 7.8 update, maybe the more features they are adding.

Hey, doesn't hurt to hope....

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They should have released it the day WP8 new devices were released. If they worried about how a update to the then current devices would take away exposure from WP8, then they should just throw in the towel. New customers are just that, new. I get sick of the excuses. I pray that they are not still adding features into WP7.8. If they are, it will show their lack of planning.

There was an article from Nokia saying that they plan to release WP7.8 a few months after mango. But that decision had been changed. So I'm sure WP7.8 is ready to go.

I'm guessing we'll see WP7.8 once the new WP7.8 devices start shipping. But I'm sure they'll have some lame excuse then too.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Tango was intended for low end phone. Go look at the original release schedule. Tango was before 7.8. But 7.8 isn't Apollo. So it wasn't as far back as Apollo. All in all, it has been a major fail. But that falls in line with every update that MS has tried to release. Even the pre-NoDo update was horrible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb