Can the display colors be calibrated?

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I'm irritated with the slight green tint of my Nokia Lumia 800's display. It's only very slight, so I suspect it's just how all the displays are that are used in this handset.

I've been playing around with a colour app that lets you choose RGB values to create a colour, and I've been comparing the wifferent hues of white with the natural white hue on my iPad.

It'd be really nice to be able to calibrate the colour on my Nokia so that the appearance of white on it is the same as it appears on my iPad. Can this be done? :straight:

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I seriously doubt it - I was wanting that for my iPhone 3G, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Droid 2 Global, and nobody ended up writing calibrators for any of those. I think you have to be able to access color profiles at a system level, and I don't believe operating systems for phones are set up for that the way they are on desktop OS systems. Your best hope is that Pantone will write a calibration system that works with RT, and that it will trickle down to phones, but until graphic designers use these things as serious content creation devices, the demand for calibration will probably be pretty slim.

How long ago did you get the 800? Have you compared it to other 800s? (maybe it's just yours and you can exchange it?)

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I got it in April. There's nothing wrong with it, it has just a very slight green tint compared to my iPad. If I use my iPad then go to use my phone afterwards, the phone display has a green tint. If I use my phone for a while then use my iPad, the iPad appears to have a pink tint. It's all relative. But I wish I could calibrate them so that their whites match up. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720