Microsoft says 7.8 gonna be here a while.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Though he doesn't shy away from the fact that WP8 is the future.

Microsoft: Windows Phone 8 and 7.8 "to exist for quite some time"

"I would expect both platforms to exist for quite some time, from a global point of view. Windows Phone 7.8 devices will span much lower price points than Windows Phone 8 devices, initially, and given the application compatibility across the platforms, it makes the ecosystem stronger to have more device and more price points. We value every 7 and 7.8 customer we have; we'll continue to work for them as well but it is true that Windows Phone 8 is our future platform."

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I read the article you had the link to. Very encouraging, and should be a help to everyone wondering what to do with their current generation WP 7.5 devices.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I agree with you. It seems at best that WP8 is at a "beta" level as far as stability is concerned. That is from hearing all the reports about people's experiences with it. I am sure though, that Microsoft will quickly address those issues with several updates over the next few months. They definitely won't want people reporting bad experiences with their Windows Phone 8 devices. After all, they want this platform and these devices to succeed in the marketplace. I think that will be the same with the WP 7.8 update. All the phones that will be out there, will all represent Microsoft, and the viability of their software and user experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo