Any way to backup SMS without unlock?

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I just picked up an 8X last night and have donated my Focus S to my mother (I had to get her off that damn LG flip-phone!). That's great, I have her SIM activated and the handset is ready to be wiped... Except for a "few" important things.

I have approximately 9000 messages with one person, that if I would do anything in the world to keep.. The only problem is my phone is tango'd with the Samsung LE2 update... So I can't interop/root anymore.

Is there any way at all to...?
a) backup SMS
b) extract SMS from a Zune backup
c) does anyone have any other brainy ideas?

Going through and copying these messages one by one is impractical, and I don't think I'll be doing it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitchell

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
No way to do it without unlocking. Does WindowBreak not work with Tango?

Curious that WindowsBreak states that LG doesn't need to be jailbroken due to MFG. So since I have a LG phone, is there something I can do with that which will allow me to backup SMS?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Curious that WindowsBreak states that LG doesn't need to be jailbroken due to MFG. So since I have a LG phone, is there something I can do with that which will allow me to backup SMS?

I believe that LG phones come with a registry editor built in, so you don't have to resort to any tricks to interop unlock your phone. Once you're interop-unlocked you can sideload any file system tool to get into the text messages folder and retrieve your texts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)