Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I bought a locked ATT Samsung Focus S. I am trying to unlock it. I put in an unauthorized sim card (non activated) and started up the phone. It says [SIM error: The SIM card is missing or invalid. You can still make emergency calls if your mobile operator supports it.] There are two buttons, Emergency Call and Continue. When I press continue, the phone functions normally. How do I get to the screen where I can enter my unlock code?

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Try typing this combo into the phone keypad: "#7465625*638*#" (no quotes). It's supposed to take you to the network unlock screen where you enter the code. That's supposed to be for all Samsung phones. With that being said, it worked with my Samsung Captivate, but did *not* with my Focus S. YMMV. Good luck.

Actually, did a bit more reading - try this: enter the following into the keypad -
    #7465625*638*, then enter the eight digit unlock code, then hit the pound sign. You can also try the following combination - #0111*(eight digit code)#. As long as you have the unlock code, that is.