Xbox Live games don't appear on my phone after country change, any ideas? WP 7.8

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Xbox support changed my region from USA to my country so I can now buy apps, etc.

However, XBOX LIVE games do not appear in the section and yes they are available for my country since I can buy them.

I bought few games, all non xbox games work fine (like new angry birds) but civilization, etc. do not appear, they will install after purchase but are not visible. Tried hard reset, soft reset, changing locale, still same. Any ideas?

Not only that but even after installing trial games (TRY), they will install but won't appear, if I visit marketplace > same game on my phone it says that game is already installed there.

Any ideas?

s9DQo.jpg

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you have games installed and then you changed the country settings and after a restart they don't appear?

I had games installed (Free Xbox live and regular) and they all disappeared after country change, did hard reset and bought few xbox live games via my country marketplace but none of them appear. I can't even swipe to right to see my avatar or messages, they are gone too.

Installing things like xbox extra doesn't help as it doesn't appear too nor wordament, etc.

kra4ol4e

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can install games with xbox live icon but after that they don't appear in my games hub. I guess it's because there's no support for xbox live for my country. My phone is lumia 610 and the xbox icon turned into games icon right after the 1st reboot. I don't wanna use my US live account, because I want the opportunity to buy apps. My guess is there won't be any solution to this until MS expand their xbox live covarage.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can install games with xbox live icon but after that they don't appear in my games hub. I guess it's because there's no support for xbox live for my country. My phone is lumia 610 and the xbox icon turned into games icon right after the 1st reboot. I don't wanna use my US live account, because I want the opportunity to buy apps. My guess is there won't be any solution to this until MS expand their xbox live covarage.

But that doesn't make sense since you can buy apps. They take money but don't deliver games? .

Last edited:

samorai33

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Lumia 800, with version 7.10.8773.98

I bought civilization through the marketplace, but it diesn't show up in the games hub.

I have successfully created an xbox live account but the xbox live tab doesn't show up in the games hub...

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Lumia 800, with version 7.10.8773.98

I bought civilization through the marketplace, but it diesn't show up in the games hub.

I have successfully created an xbox live account but the xbox live tab doesn't show up in the games hub...

Have you tried contacting WPSupport?

kra4ol4e

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
An update from me ;]

Yesterday I updated my phone with WP 7.8 firmware downloaded via Navifirm and flashed using Nokia Care Suite. After I set up my phone which I bought from ebay uk, all the options in region + language menu were set to English/UK by default. I've only changed region format to "Bulgaria" and left anything else set to english/uk. After couple of reboots I still have Xbox icon, installed an xbox live game and it appeared (its playable) Still haven't bought a xbox live game but all of the apps in my marketplace are from bulgarian market with bulgarian prices so my guess is that purchases will be possible since my live acc is bulgarian.

The only disadvantage is that this procedure erased all of my content and I had to link all windows live and facebook accounts again.(3rd time for the last 30 days)

U can give it a try with your current firmware(in case you`re fine with resetting your phone) or wait for the OS update and see if it works without resetting your phone.
I hope this would be helpful.

Regards,
Lyuben

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
An update from me ;]

Yesterday I updated my phone with WP 7.8 firmware downloaded via Navifirm and flashed using Nokia Care Suite. After I set up my phone which I bought from ebay uk, all the options in region + language menu were set to English/UK by default. I've only changed region format to "Bulgaria" and left anything else set to english/uk. After couple of reboots I still have Xbox icon, installed an xbox live game and it appeared (its playable) Still haven't bought a xbox live game but all of the apps in my marketplace are from bulgarian market with bulgarian prices so my guess is that purchases will be possible since my live acc is bulgarian.

The only disadvantage is that this procedure erased all of my content and I had to link all windows live and facebook accounts again.(3rd time for the last 30 days)

U can give it a try with your current firmware(in case you`re fine with resetting your phone) or wait for the OS update and see if it works without resetting your phone.
I hope this would be helpful.

Regards,
Lyuben

I have switched all settings to my country and it won't work on WP7, WP7.8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3