We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Xbox support changed my region from USA to my country so I can now buy apps, etc.

    However, XBOX LIVE games do not appear in the section and yes they are available for my country since I can buy them.

    I bought few games, all non xbox games work fine (like new angry birds) but civilization, etc. do not appear, they will install after purchase but are not visible. Tried hard reset, soft reset, changing locale, still same. Any ideas?

    Not only that but even after installing trial games (TRY), they will install but won't appear, if I visit marketplace > same game on my phone it says that game is already installed there.

    Any ideas?

  2. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    You need to install games first, no?
  3. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    You need to install games first, no?
    ?
  4. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Did you have games installed and then you changed the country settings and after a restart they don't appear?
  5. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Did you have games installed and then you changed the country settings and after a restart they don't appear?
    I had games installed (Free Xbox live and regular) and they all disappeared after country change, did hard reset and bought few xbox live games via my country marketplace but none of them appear. I can't even swipe to right to see my avatar or messages, they are gone too.

    Installing things like xbox extra doesn't help as it doesn't appear too nor wordament, etc.
  6. kra4ol4e's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    I have the same problem. I can install games with xbox live icon but after that they don't appear in my games hub. I guess it's because there's no support for xbox live for my country. My phone is lumia 610 and the xbox icon turned into games icon right after the 1st reboot. I don't wanna use my US live account, because I want the opportunity to buy apps. My guess is there won't be any solution to this until MS expand their xbox live covarage.
  7. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kra4ol4e View Post
    I have the same problem. I can install games with xbox live icon but after that they don't appear in my games hub. I guess it's because there's no support for xbox live for my country. My phone is lumia 610 and the xbox icon turned into games icon right after the 1st reboot. I don't wanna use my US live account, because I want the opportunity to buy apps. My guess is there won't be any solution to this until MS expand their xbox live covarage.
    But that doesn't make sense since you can buy apps. They take money but don't deliver games? .
    Last edited by Hiiiiiiiii; 12-10-2012 at 02:32 PM.
  8. samorai33's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    I have the same problem on my Lumia 800, with version 7.10.8773.98

    I bought civilization through the marketplace, but it diesn't show up in the games hub.

    I have successfully created an xbox live account but the xbox live tab doesn't show up in the games hub...
  9. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by samorai33 View Post
    I have the same problem on my Lumia 800, with version 7.10.8773.98

    I bought civilization through the marketplace, but it diesn't show up in the games hub.

    I have successfully created an xbox live account but the xbox live tab doesn't show up in the games hub...
    Have you tried contacting WPSupport?
  10. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    No help from WP so far
  11. kra4ol4e's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    An update from me ;]

    Yesterday I updated my phone with WP 7.8 firmware downloaded via Navifirm and flashed using Nokia Care Suite. After I set up my phone which I bought from ebay uk, all the options in region + language menu were set to English/UK by default. I've only changed region format to "Bulgaria" and left anything else set to english/uk. After couple of reboots I still have Xbox icon, installed an xbox live game and it appeared (its playable) Still haven't bought a xbox live game but all of the apps in my marketplace are from bulgarian market with bulgarian prices so my guess is that purchases will be possible since my live acc is bulgarian.

    The only disadvantage is that this procedure erased all of my content and I had to link all windows live and facebook accounts again.(3rd time for the last 30 days)

    U can give it a try with your current firmware(in case you`re fine with resetting your phone) or wait for the OS update and see if it works without resetting your phone.
    I hope this would be helpful.

    Regards,
    Lyuben
  12. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kra4ol4e View Post
    An update from me ;]

    Yesterday I updated my phone with WP 7.8 firmware downloaded via Navifirm and flashed using Nokia Care Suite. After I set up my phone which I bought from ebay uk, all the options in region + language menu were set to English/UK by default. I've only changed region format to "Bulgaria" and left anything else set to english/uk. After couple of reboots I still have Xbox icon, installed an xbox live game and it appeared (its playable) Still haven't bought a xbox live game but all of the apps in my marketplace are from bulgarian market with bulgarian prices so my guess is that purchases will be possible since my live acc is bulgarian.

    The only disadvantage is that this procedure erased all of my content and I had to link all windows live and facebook accounts again.(3rd time for the last 30 days)

    U can give it a try with your current firmware(in case you`re fine with resetting your phone) or wait for the OS update and see if it works without resetting your phone.
    I hope this would be helpful.

    Regards,
    Lyuben
    I have switched all settings to my country and it won't work on WP7, WP7.8

Similar Threads

  1. Do I need an Xbox to enjoy the Xbox LIVE games on WP7?
    By socialcarpet in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
  2. Don't Forget Your FREE Breeze XBox Live Game
    By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
  3. Don't Forget Your FREE Shuffle Party XBox Live Game
    By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 05:00 AM
  4. 3 XBox Live Games on Sale
    By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
  5. This Weeks WP7 game not appearing on my phone?
    By nyall97 in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

";