Does the marketplace not work when adding a wp7 device to straight talk

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to download apps from the marketplace, but it will only work using WiFi. If I try through the normal Straight Talk data, I get an error message. Can anyone shed some light on this. Data and mms work on my phone. I haven't read anything about the marketplace on the forums and this will be a real bummer I suppose...
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am. Can someone help me with this. Everything else is working. I've turned the phone off and on and everything. Still nothing. But running WiFi it works.

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
"The windows live ID service is unavailable right now. Try again later" can someone help me check my settings? Everything is working but the marketplace. And it's not the phone as I works perfect with WiFi.

unwiredmedic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This happens on my Samsung Focus, too. It's an AT&T branded phone and several other items also don't work off WiFi. This is usually due to your phone not being unlocked by its original carrier. If it's a carrier branded phone, that's probably the case. Supposedly you can call the customer service line for the other carrier and request your phone to be unlocked and if you are off contract with them, they should be nice enough and do it. Please reply back if this works for you.

unwiredmedic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
please tell me you haven't entered a proxy in your APN settings. you should NEVER use the ST proxy.

Not on mine. Just the exact settings that StraightTalk said to use, plus I've confirmed the settings with other forums.

Incidentally, the AT&T Wireless store said they can't unlock anything but iPhones now. They said they haven't been able to do other phones for years, and the store mgr even showed me on his computer how AT&T won't allow for unlock requests for anything but iPhone. Doesn't matter that I didn't get the phone from AT&T, but got it directly from Microsoft brand new, no service or contract. I still haven't phoned customer service to see if they have a way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3