12-10-2012, 11:08 PM #1
- 2 Posts
Hi guys, I'm in a windows phone development class and I'm studying for an exam. One of the topics is .asmx web services, with the specific categories I listed below. The course book doesn't seem to cover this.. I have Essential Windows Phone 7.5 and I scoured the internet but I can't really find much resources for this topic.. Can someone help me answer these questions or at least point me to a good online tutorial to help. Thanks!
.asmx web services
• Main classes involved
• How do you get a web service wsdl document
• How create and register the proxy
• What kinds of data can be serialized
• Method attributes
• encoding mechanism used and transport protocol used
12-10-2012, 11:29 PM #3
- 1 Posts
Here are some of your answers.
Web Services with ASP.NET
The rest shouldn't be hard to find now you understand what to search for.
eaglei22 is correct that this is the old way of doing things, although that doesn't help you in your exam. wcf is even old as well, as the newer way again is to use asp.net webapi which is much simpler than soap and wcf. Each has its own place and use.
- By techydoodlez in forum Developers CornerReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2012, 07:38 AM
- By madhouse1616 in forum Microsoft News & RumorsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-24-2012, 08:48 AM
- By DanSmithKY in forum Developers CornerReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2012, 02:09 PM