Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

My Focus lost the ability to recharge from the wall outlet a few months back (I don't blame the child =)

I've been getting by until my carrier unpgrade next May with an extra battery and battery charger, switching out the batteries daily. Anyone know of a better solution?

My question: when 7.8 gets released, will I be able to make the upgrade without the wall outlet charging status? As is, I can no longer use wireless sync.

-JQ
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,290 Global Posts
    Why can't you plug it into your computer to do the update?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    32,456 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Is the USB port on the Focus broken?

If the USB port is completely nonfunctional then you won't be able to upgrade. If the USB data connection still works (meaning you can connect your phone to Zune on your PC via the USB cable) then you should be fine.

Problem is due to a faulty USB connection...for both wall outlet and computer. I do all my file exchanges via Skydrive for the time being. So basically, without the usb port working...do you think the upgrade to 7.8 will be possible over the data connection from my carrier?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyqQ View Post
    Problem is due to a faulty USB connection...for both wall outlet and computer. I do all my file exchanges via Skydrive for the time being. So basically, without the usb port working...do you think the upgrade to 7.8 will be possible over the data connection from my carrier?
    So you are saying it's the USB connection on the phone that is broken, correct?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

That is correct. All functionality of that USB port is broken. Any known options to open up the case and getting it functional again? The problem all started with some baby fluids at the bottom portion of the phone - even thought the USB port is at the top, I know.

I'll upgrade to a win8 phone soon enough, but I'd like to pass the Focus on as a 7.8 if possible.