Upgrade to 7.8 without outlet power

jonnyqQ

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My Focus lost the ability to recharge from the wall outlet a few months back (I don't blame the child =)

I've been getting by until my carrier unpgrade next May with an extra battery and battery charger, switching out the batteries daily. Anyone know of a better solution?

My question: when 7.8 gets released, will I be able to make the upgrade without the wall outlet charging status? As is, I can no longer use wireless sync.

-JQ

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If the USB port is completely nonfunctional then you won't be able to upgrade. If the USB data connection still works (meaning you can connect your phone to Zune on your PC via the USB cable) then you should be fine.

jonnyqQ

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Problem is due to a faulty USB connection...for both wall outlet and computer. I do all my file exchanges via Skydrive for the time being. So basically, without the usb port working...do you think the upgrade to 7.8 will be possible over the data connection from my carrier?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Problem is due to a faulty USB connection...for both wall outlet and computer. I do all my file exchanges via Skydrive for the time being. So basically, without the usb port working...do you think the upgrade to 7.8 will be possible over the data connection from my carrier?

So you are saying it's the USB connection on the phone that is broken, correct?

jonnyqQ

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
That is correct. All functionality of that USB port is broken. Any known options to open up the case and getting it functional again? The problem all started with some baby fluids at the bottom portion of the phone - even thought the USB port is at the top, I know.

I'll upgrade to a win8 phone soon enough, but I'd like to pass the Focus on as a 7.8 if possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa