If your angry about the whole Windows 7.8 update, this will help you

UKCracker

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
LMAO :) I've seen many great funny scenes using that movie clip, does anyone know what the original movie is? I'd like to see it. As a newcomer to Windows Phone I've just got a Lumia 800 on a 2 year contract (well I haven't got it atm but that's more to do with me and a long story - it will be back when o2 pull their fingers out). However I am a bit annoyed that does appear it will be obsolete long before I can upgrade. I know we're getting 7.8 and it's bringing the cool stuff from 8 as a compromise, but surely developers will stop developing for WP7? I'm a bit confused about what it is that 8 can do that needs these extra specifications my phone can't meet.

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The main reason the new software won’t run on older phones is that most of the new changes are related to support for new kinds of hardware that don’t exist in the current generation of phones.

By contrast, apps written for Windows Phone 7 will run on both current and future phones. That’s because even though Microsoft is changing the core of the operating system, it has never allowed programmers to write natively for Windows Phone 7.

However, apps written for Windows Phone 8 won’t necessarily run on the older devices, meaning that those with older devices may soon see cool apps that they can’t use.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching HitlerRantsParadies since day one. They're funny, very funny. Truth is this is the first parody that hit home. That's is exactly the way we all felt the day they told us that WP8 wouldn't work on our 900s, Titans or whatever. Yeah, funny but true. So very true. So like a dolt I went and bought a Yellow Lumia 920. I suck.
-joe-

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The main reason the new software won?t run on older phones is that most of the new changes are related to support for new kinds of hardware that don?t exist in the current generation of phones.
Many OS-level features and third party apps in Windows Phone 8 would perform just fine on existing hardware, especially if there was native development.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching HitlerRantsParadies since day one. They're funny, very funny. Truth is this is the first parody that hit home. That's is exactly the way we all felt the day they told us that WP8 wouldn't work on our 900s, Titans or whatever. Yeah, funny but true. So very true. So like a dolt I went and bought a Yellow Lumia 920. I suck.
-joe-

That is what I was thinking as well! However, I'm probably going to get an 820 instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss