First WP8 OTA Update Released...WP7.8 update???

IM4CHRST

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
So relaxing on my couch the other day I decided to get my OG AT&T Titan I and, as I usually do on my phone, I checked out the Weave app Windows Phone 7 News. And what do I find, nothing but news about the first WP8 update being pushed out speckled with the occasional app review/update. I then quickly did what any right minded, calm, cool and collected WP7.5 user would do, I started scouring the forums for any sort of word on a 7.8 update and to my (non)surprise, there was nothing.

I've actually already accepted the cold dark truth that my Titan I will very likely not get the update, however I am still holding out a tiny bit of hope that my wife's Titan II will. That is, if it even happens. Does anyone else feel like MS is sitting back at Redmond laughing at those of us poor slobs who are hanging on the very thin possibility that we would actually get an update to our devices. I emailed Microsoft regarding the 7.8 update and the repsonse I got left me reminiscing on a phrase that the ultimate villan in the world once said, "How 'bout 'NO!" But wouldn't it be wonderful for all of us to see that beautiful little box appear at the top of our phones that says those magical words, "Update Available", download it, and to be able to say, "You mean I finally have frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads?"

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you don't like it, speak with your money. Don't support their new mobile products. I think that's the route I'm going to take.

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I myself have the Titan 1 as Titan 2 was not released here in the UK. I've decided to wait until January 2013 and see how things fall. If the update releases then GREAT. If not I will migrate to Android, where I came from. Its a matter of patience. Microsoft want to sell the Windows Phone 8 before they release 7.8 update. Once Ativ S releases and has a go at the market. Then we will see hopefully. Lets give Microsoft a last chance. January 2013 give us the 7.8 or lose your customers, lifes short so let us enjoy it, some of us are not made of money. Simple, that's my take on this anyway.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Help, whoops was having trouble signing in. Just seeing if I could post or not. I guess I can. I love this app. Tons of info. Thanx people

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers