Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I stay in Mumbai and just today I got a call from my local Nokia care store gut saying that windows phone 7.8 update is available and I had no words coz I was trying to update via Zune but nothing and this time the update came much early to India than other countries coz last time the tango update was delayed by more than a month but this time we are amongst the first people to get this update and officially from Nokia ! Brilliant service by Nokia and update was done in 15- 20 mins. I'm posting here to notify all the lumia owners to quickly rush to their nearest Nokia care store and get their device updated ! I'm in love with my lumia all over again :)

Indian troll.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Its not a troll ! Its a fact :|

ohh le me check to my city Dhule

if u had pic of ur mobi...then post it here

confirming from kolkata...nokia care india is rolling out 7.8, the process started from yesterday (according to nokia care). after reading OP s post I dialed up nokia care, kolkata, ekdalia branch, they confirmed it and confirmed the upgrade will take 15 min. I rushed there from my work place and found me in a long queue for 7.8 upgrade (15+ as per the nokia care), and while I was signing forms two other lumias arrived for upgradation. Ultimately it took 1 hour and now i have my lumia 710 on 7.8
    If anyone in india, just dial your nearest nokia care asap if you want to confirm, but i will advice rush there now if you want it today as its 7 pm in India right now.
    I will return from my work place afrter 9 pm India time and will upload pic of my phone from my web cam then, stay tuned pic is coming in 2-2.30 hour
    P.S. it got bluetooth share tile on home screen after upgrading, all data wiped though.

image: 2nd pic you can see bluetooth share app icon :)
    181220121233.jpg
    Last edited by dipayanster; 12-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,875 Global Posts
    Can someone capture the cabs or URL that it downloads from so everyone could have it. The installer comes from zune, get an app that will trace the URLs used, then start your update. This will capture the URL of the Cab files. Then we can use a cab installer to install it on any phone. At least 2 updates will come down, from Nokia for drivers and the other one is 7.8, We need the one for 7.8
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Can someone capture the cabs or URL that it downloads from so everyone could have it. The installer comes from zune, get an app that will trace the URLs used, then start your update. This will capture the URL of the Cab files. Then we can use a cab installer to install it on any phone. At least 2 updates will come down, from Nokia for drivers and the other one is 7.8, We need the one for 7.8
    we did not download by zune, we took our phone to nokia care and they did the update. on zune it was showing no updates available.

can u please tell me from wich branch in mumbai you updated your phone.also i want to know whther the update is available for nokia 610.
    thanks.

I too just had my Lumia 710 updated to WP7.8 from the Nokia Care Centre in Borivli, Mumbai. Hardly took 15 mins, did it early morning today. ZERO Queue. Infact, on the jobsheet where i signed, she put a stamp saying 'I was attended in 10 mins'

Then, she asked me my Live ID and password, put it and activated the phone for me. Then she started showing me a couple of new features. The new Office Icon, the new XBOX icon, the bluetooth share option, the new colours. Funny thing was that she was 'teaching' me how to use bluetooth share. i just said 'Madam, we have been using this feature since old nokia days, just the lumia series didn't have it.' and she stopped.

edit: someone above asked for Lumia 610. my sister has a Lumia 610 and asked about it for her. The lady told me that it will be available in the last week of December. Right now its available for 510/710/800/900. As of now only nokia care provides this, but in last week of december it should be available on zune. Thats what she said.

edit2: Screenshot added
    Attachment 25088
    Last edited by rupanidm; 12-19-2012 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    Thanked by:

Is that a dev unlocked phone or does 7.8 include a screen capture option?

Cheers.

This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by I Spiritus I View Post
    Is that a dev unlocked phone or does 7.8 include a screen capture option?

Cheers.
    yeh how to take screenshot like that? :o
    and is it safe to post imei number? should not you hide it or something?
    Thanked by:

Its a dev unlocked phone. IMEI numbers not safe. should have edited.. completely forgot. doing it.
    I went to Nokia care too, except they said I will lose all my data. That's the same as flashing it from Navifirm. So I am not sure :-\

Quote Originally Posted by abhishek_rshetty View Post
    I went to Nokia care too, except they said I will lose all my data. That's the same as flashing it from Navifirm. So I am not sure :-\
    between zune for media files synching and live for contact synching, full format is not that much trouble unless you don't want to lose messages. just had to reinstall apps and relink contacts. besides i read somewhere for improving battery calibration it is better to hard reset anyways after major update.
    Quote Originally Posted by dipayanster View Post
    between zune for media files synching and live for contact synching, full format is not that much trouble unless you don't want to lose messages. just had to reinstall apps and relink contacts. besides i read somewhere for improving battery calibration it is better to hard reset anyways after major update.
    Yeah that is probably true. I'll get it updated tomorrow. Thanks :)
    dipayanster likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I updated from Thane and will upload the pic soon, I own a lumia 800 and the new homescreen looks absolutely gorgeous with new color themes too. I'm waiting for the apps to be updated for wide tile support. So far the mail tile, call tile, message tile, me tile, people hub tile, Xbox tile and Zune tile support wide tile feature. The Facebook app tile also has a wide tile but its all blank maybe work in progress. Lets see how soon the developers get the wide tile support for apps as seen on WP8 and ya lockscreen apps too !
    Made me love my lumia all over again :)
    sleek4923 likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Don't let the things you own end up owning you ! Back up important stuff and format it. Its good that, speeds up the cell too

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrwala View Post
    Don't let the things you own end up owning you ! Back up important stuff and format it. Its good that, speeds up the cell too
    and i am getting better battery backup too after update :)
    Done! Flashed from Navifirm only though. Feels awesome!

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Done! Flashed from Navifirm only though. Feels awesome!
    The apps like Bluetooth share and ringtone maker are available In the marketplace, so download it if you didn't get them

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ya seriously, I've also being closely observing this and there is a significant change for sure :)

yup, the battery life seems better. 16-17 hours now appears 1 day 3 hours

mine was ~24 hour on 7.5, now after updating to 7.8 has gone upto 30-35 hour
    i dont have any background app (other than nokia music/nokia drive/times poynt) and wifi, 3g, bluetooth, location all off
    fb chat on, me tile push notification on, email on synch 30 min (2 accounts), cricbuzz toast notification - complete package (India)
    normal use: checking and posting in fb several times (from ie/ peoples hub not using fb app), occasional chat on fb/ gchat, checking email, syncing work documents through sky drive from work pc, few rounds of alphajax/ age of sorcery, rss news reading, occasion music (via bluetooth headset), battery staying 40-50% after 20 hr usage---->2/3 hour charging to 100%
    i gave up live tile news headlines (by flux) due to battery stress on 7.5, now i tempted to try that again :)
    battery life is very much usable rite now, only thing I am missing from my old 5230 (it doubled up as a efficient ebook reader, heck i finished all 5 parts of game of thrones books on that phone) is constant eBook reading in long train journeys. keeping the display on eats the power supply at monstrous rate.
    The WP 7.8 update is now available for Nokia Lumia 610 also. 4 days ago I got call from Nokia care that its available for my phone but unfortunately it was not for 610 and he flushed my phone. But today he called me again and apologized for previous act and said its finally available. I updated my phone and posted what I feel abt 7.8 on 610 on my blog. Do check out. Http://mobihalo.wordpress.com

The bt sharing is nice but it do not support video sharing. That was bad.
    After update phone become slow. Tapping a tile taking longer to open app than previous. Are U guys having same problem?
    The Bing lock screen is nice but now music controler dock is not embedded in it and permanently attached to volume dock. That's bad coz it looks ugly on lock screen with black background. Is that same in ur lumias?
    Here are some pics
    http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/...12-20-0664.jpg

http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/...12-20-0670.jpg

http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/...12-20-0674.jpg
    Last edited by ayush3mathur; 12-20-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Few days ago, i tried Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 and wrote my full experience on my blog, do take a look.
    About L820- Part 1
    About L920- Part 2
    About Windows Phone 8- Part 3 <----MUST READ
    please enrich my blog with your valuable comments,,,,,,,,,,
    My FB page- http://Facebook.com/NextLumia
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    dipayanster likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast