Windows Phone Music Controls on lockscreen on 7.8 - still an issue

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Remember that music controls fiasco when Mango was released and people complained about it having the controls permanently stayed on the lockscreen after playing a song and only disappears until the background agent dies out or the next reboot? Well there were apps to remove it, and now Microsoft listened to their users, and what is the result? Still an issue. Now they've permanently put the music controls together with the volume/profile switcher drop down box. Sure it goes down automatically upon wake, assuming that is what you're after. Problem? While playing a music, and a toast notification comes in, the volume drop down box goes down upon wake from the toast notification, hence blocking the toast. I'm not sure if this behavior is the same in WP8, but WP8 users, try anyway. I actually liked having the music controls on the lockscreen because it gives the artist background a purpose. It shows what song is playing by who, while their model photo is displayed. Now that the controls are removed, it now looks like you just slapped a wallpaper of a random artist. If anyone knows how to put the controls back, please post it. I'm sure there are other WP users out there who'd want the same.

iFake

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i loved those controls in the lockscreen..and the artist background was amazing! i want to know how to put them back

nvillescas

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same thing as well. Glad I'm not the only one missing this feature. Now controlling my music and phone in general has become a little more difficult. I hope Microsoft, Nokia, or someone else can correct this.

famir

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you are talking about or what do you guys want, but if you don't want the music on the lock screen, go to zune, open a movie/video clip, and back out of it. That will clear the music from everywhere. At least that worked for me on my HTC Arrive.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you are talking about or what do you guys want, but if you don't want the music on the lock screen, go to zune, open a movie/video clip, and back out of it. That will clear the music from everywhere. At least that worked for me on my HTC Arrive.
It's actually the opposite that I want.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This does indeed suck. I haven't upgraded yet and maybe now I won't. Does pressing the hardware volume rocker still bring up the volume controls? This is key for me while driving. I will have the navigation running with music playing in the background. To skip a track I hit the volume rocker then tap the next button from the music controls that pop up.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the WP8 style player controls. I liked them being part of the lock screen. They still work the same, generally, but don't look nearly as good.

I haven't had a problem with toasts though. They look a little odd as they first pop up, it looks like the volume bar is starting to pop out, but then the toast comes out as normal.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This does indeed suck. I haven't upgraded yet and maybe now I won't. Does pressing the hardware volume rocker still bring up the volume controls? This is key for me while driving. I will have the navigation running with music playing in the background. To skip a track I hit the volume rocker then tap the next button from the music controls that pop up.

Yes, the controls are now stuck in the volume box. The problem is while you're playing music and a toast comes in, the box hides the toast underneath because the phone wakes up from the toast received.

TubbyGarfunkle

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not only that, but say.... when you do unlock it, the two rows of tiles are blocked, and say... If I've just received a text message (I keep my messages at top right in a small tile, I can't even open it.

This is infuriating, especially since their notification system (which, to be honest is pretty lacking) is ENTIRELY IN THIS AREA.

This has been pissing me off endlessly since I updated to 7.8.

P.S. Did 7.8 get a codename? I've not heard it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My Titan 7.8 has the artist lockscreen and controls. Sometimes when my phone wakes up on lock from a message the controls cover it. Sometimes it wakes up and they do not drop down. Not sure what makes them drop or not. But, the toast stays longer than the volume controls so I still have plenty of time to view the toast after the controls go away.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Remember that music controls fiasco when Mango was released and people complained about it having the controls permanently stayed on the lockscreen after playing a song and only disappears until the background agent dies out or the next reboot? Well there were apps to remove it, and now Microsoft listened to their users, and what is the result? Still an issue. Now they've permanently put the music controls together with the volume/profile switcher drop down box. Sure it goes down automatically upon wake, assuming that is what you're after. Problem? While playing a music, and a toast notification comes in, the volume drop down box goes down upon wake from the toast notification, hence blocking the toast. I'm not sure if this behavior is the same in WP8, but WP8 users, try anyway. I actually liked having the music controls on the lockscreen because it gives the artist background a purpose. It shows what song is playing by who, while their model photo is displayed. Now that the controls are removed, it now looks like you just slapped a wallpaper of a random artist. If anyone knows how to put the controls back, please post it. I'm sure there are other WP users out there who'd want the same.

There's really no way to bring the lockscreen music controls back without having to downgrade to WP7.5

Ra_lumia_ph

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I honestly thought I too was the only one to of had this problem, such a **** one, microsoft should've foreseen this issue. Have my phone hooked up to my front loader and before it was a breeze to just change songs while driving, now its as though I'm a retard in traffic as I battle to shift gears and change music at the same time. Hearing that wp8 has the same problem as well sounds devastating as I've been seriously looking at getting the 928... Nowadays its quantity over quality.

SenneVc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, got the same problem since I upgraded. And I don't even get a picture of the artist while playing, it just shows a default background then.
Anyone knows how to fix it?
Windows-Phone-Mango-Music-Player-Lock-Screen1.jpg
(just an example, I know it's 7.5)

chaitanya91845

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I do that too if I want my lockscreen cleaned out. I wonder why apps were made to clear out the lockscreen. That sounds silly for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos