App Launcher / Search from the home screen ?

GuillaumeBcom

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to WP7.5. i'm wondering if there is a way to have - right from the homescreen - the search engine which is looking into the local applications list.
Basically after unlocking the phone I want to quickly do a search for an installed app without having to go to the application list screen first

As I install more and more applications it's getting difficult to go through this app list and a mere search does the trick for me as it does on WIndows 8 Modern UI. I though the built-in Bing search engine would also do local search but it seems i was wrong

Any tricks for me ?

Thank you very much

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
On your menu/app list select any alphabet letter and you can then select your desired letter and ut should jump to that. But you need a certain amount of apps to get the letters to show.

Only other way is to hold home / windows logo button and voice command the app you want e.g. Open Market place or the game you want to open.

Hope this helps

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Another way to search for apps is on when you see the full list of your apps, on the top left you can see a magnifying glass icon, select that and search for the app your looking for. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion