- 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM #1
Okay, I've seen topics about changing everything over to Live from gmail. I am not so much interested in email being forwarded or contacts. My worry is this:
We have an Xbox 360 and two Windows Phones connected to my Xbox Live Gamertag - using gmail as my login for these. I know that you used to be able to only have one Live account per WP and trying to update this would require a hard reset. I set up a Live account and can use this as my Xbox 360 login so all of my MS Points and whatnot get transferred. Can I just add this account to our Windows Phones without having to do a reset and delete the current Windows Live account on there (gmail)?
I guess I am basically asking this. Can I keep my gmail for email for the time being and use my new Live.com email address as my Xbox Live and Windows Phone accounts?
- 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM #2
If I've read this correctly, unfortunately not. The Xbox LIVE gamertag, Xbox Music pass verification, is attached to the primary phone that is attached to your phone. Changing that primary email does require a hard reset unfortunately. I presume you know the transfer purchases procedure?
- 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM #4
Easy solution, create a Alias on Outlook.com and make it send and receive. Then set it as your main email. Very simple. Keep your login as is, but now you have a outlook email account and don't have to reset anything.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
- By Jake_M in forum Windows Phone 8 How-to GuidesReplies: 118Last Post: 06-26-2014, 09:21 AM
- By Zyr in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
- By Plystrern in forum Windows 8Replies: 2Last Post: 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
- By jarettp in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
- By jarettp in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM