Switching from gmail to Live

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've seen topics about changing everything over to Live from gmail. I am not so much interested in email being forwarded or contacts. My worry is this:

We have an Xbox 360 and two Windows Phones connected to my Xbox Live Gamertag - using gmail as my login for these. I know that you used to be able to only have one Live account per WP and trying to update this would require a hard reset. I set up a Live account and can use this as my Xbox 360 login so all of my MS Points and whatnot get transferred. Can I just add this account to our Windows Phones without having to do a reset and delete the current Windows Live account on there (gmail)?

I guess I am basically asking this. Can I keep my gmail for email for the time being and use my new Live.com email address as my Xbox Live and Windows Phone accounts?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If I've read this correctly, unfortunately not. The Xbox LIVE gamertag, Xbox Music pass verification, is attached to the primary phone that is attached to your phone. Changing that primary email does require a hard reset unfortunately. I presume you know the transfer purchases procedure?

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, yes. I've had to do that before. Unfortunately, I suppose I'll stay with gmail for now, then. Thank you for answering, however - I appreciate it.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Easy solution, create a Alias on Outlook.com and make it send and receive. Then set it as your main email. Very simple. Keep your login as is, but now you have a outlook email account and don't have to reset anything.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99