WP 7.8 Update for Samsung Focus

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
hello,

you could try updating to 7.8 here:

SevenEighter: Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 8862!) - Windows Phone Hacker

I've tried it on my first gen samsung focus and it works flawlessly for several weeks now.

^^This - it's by far the easiest and safest way to get your WP7.5 handset running 7.8. As long as you make sure you select EXACTLY the languages that are installed on your phone you'll be golden.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Car6on14

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
qft

That's why when they told me "AT&T", I just heard "custom ROM" :D

And that's what I did. The fact that I completely stopped worrying about the 7.8 update officially coming to first generation devices is doing wonders to my mental health.

saiyuki, are you using a custom rom other then the 7/8er update? I want to get rid of the at&t apps, and enable tether, I have an unlocked phone...

Ron Simpson

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Lakshman, I don't get what you say about not getting Tango (WP7.5) on your Samsung Focus phone. All three Focus' in my family got it on both versions of the phone. Now that I'm a WP8 user, I know WP7.5 will be a welcomed and enjoyed interface update for all not moving to 8.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just updated my old Samsung Focus that is now my mother's to 7.8 Thanks to everyone who mentioned SevenEighter! What a great, easy to use tool.

JesusArvizu

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Focus S 2 weeks ago, it came with Windows Phone 7.5, first I updated the phone with zune, until zune told me it was updated, then I downloaded seveneighter, it's a PC application that lets you install Windows pone 7.8, it's really easy to use, it takes a while to the update to finish, but the phone works really nice.
Here is a video explaining the whole process, there is also the download link in the description.

How to Update to Windows Phone 7.8 via SevenEighter - YouTube

Sincerely, I'm not expecting a thing from Samsung or AT&T, they suck, I bought this phone unlocked to use it here in M?xico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire