Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    I know this is late, but these are features WP7.8 won't have. I posted this in the suggestion box.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...-7-8-features-
    Thanked by:
  2.    #2  
    Thought it might be helpful for you 7.5 owners.

what windows phone 8 and 7.8 really need is T9 keyboard.
    Developer

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    IE10 would be good, but I think we need native screenshot support.
    Thanked by:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeen will lumia 800 users recieve the 7.8 update!??!?....and does it improve the handsets battery life??!?!

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyK8 View Post
    wheeeeeeeeeeeeen will lumia 800 users recieve the 7.8 update!??!?....and does it improve the handsets battery life??!?!
    Who knows??? I happened to ask my carrier here in NZ about it today but they had no news. What sort of battery life are you getting? I have an 800 too and get just over a day with light to moderate use and battery saver turned on
    I'd really like screenshot support too.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyK8 View Post
    I think there is a round of rumours saying it could come out in or around end of January, but we all know what the rumour mill is like. It hopefully shouldn't be too long now. With regards to battery life, how long is it lasting you? Have you checked your background tasks in settings? Maybe something there draining it. Also, are all OS/firmware updates installed?

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Nokia Italy confirms 7.8 to begin rolling out this month:
    Nokia Italy Confirms Windows Phone 7.8 Coming This Month
    the 7.8 update is available at all nokia care india. i got it a week back..

All over the internet is news from Nokia Italy & Spain that wp7.8 is coming in the next few days. See pocketnow, phone arena and others. So fingers crossed, you should have 7.8 very very soon

ya, i had also readed some post on pocketnow and phone arena about 7.8 from Nokia Spain and Nokia Italy but these facebook and twitter account are not always liable. we must wait till any official words from Microsoft comes out,
    but hope it comes in this month otherwise i will throw this phone and go for any Windows Phone 8...
    Nokia UK also tweeted that 7.8 is coming soon with the following link: Nokia Lumia 800 and Windows Phone 7.8: What you can expect | NokNok.tv

I don't know how to link the actual tweet though. Really do hope it's coming soon

Do you still face the problem of WIFI getting disconnected when phone goes to sleep? . I recently updated to 7.8 and i figured they will be fixing it in this update. But no avail. The problem persists. Would be great to get some inputs from a fellow 7.8 user.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'd be happy if it comes by the end of the month. I'm really ready for the new start screen. If it doesn't until late March, the end of Q1, I will be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishanth Menon View Post
    Do you still face the problem of WIFI getting disconnected when phone goes to sleep? . I recently updated to 7.8 and i figured they will be fixing it in this update. But no avail. The problem persists. Would be great to get some inputs from a fellow 7.8 user.
    hey, just keep your data connection OFF in "mobile network" menu. This will help you, try it.