Can you purchase windows phone apps with a debit card?

Grampz01

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 800 and I wanted to purchase apps off the Marketplace or Zune but it asks me for credit card details. Is it possible that we can use debit card details to purchase apps and if we can't then that's not good enough because not everyone is fond of using credit cards and landing up in debt, even though the apps are cheap, but still I personally would rather use my debit card details because I don't have a credit card. If this matter could be attended to, it would mean a lot to me.:wink:

Grampz01

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes thanks, but however I'm in south africa and I have a debit card and I don't know where to find my security code on my card, even though Zune says its by the signiture

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes thanks, but however I'm in south africa and I have a debit card and I don't know where to find my security code on my card, even though Zune says its by the signiture

Flip the card to the back, you will see a set of numbers, possibly two sets of 3 digits, depending on the card. It is the set of 3 digits farthest to the right.

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
maestro debit cards have 19 digits number and no cvv code on the back of the card. they also dont have an expiry date and they dont work with wp store. mastercard debit cards have 16 digit number, cvv code on back side and an expiry date, they works with wp store - thats the situation as i see in India. my suggestion is: talk to your bank and upgrade your debit card to an international debit card (mastercard/ visa NOT maestro/ visa-electron), then it will have features like credit card and will work with wp store.

mkls360

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a international visa debit card but still cant purchase anything, it says expired when i try to purchase anything, any help:cry:

HvdW

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also South African and I'm with Nedbank. When I wanted to start purchasing things online and apps for my Android (sacrilege, I know!), I simply went to my nearest Nedbank branch and told them I wanted this functionality, but still on my debit account. Back then, I only had a savings account and they told me it would be impossible without a cheque account. At first, I was concerned about this, but after they explained to me that it would function like a normal debit account, I went with it. I opened the new cheque account and received my cheque card linked to the account, and since then haven't had any issues using it on the Windows Phone store to purchase apps (oh so many apps... It's scary how much I've spent on them!)

TL:DR

You need a cheque card. Just go ask your bank about acquiring such a card and how it would influence your accounts (hopefully, you don't need a new account. But like I said, setting up the new account and getting the card was super quick and easy at Nedbank.) Don't know how the Maestro, Mastercard or Visa-electron stuff works, but mine is a straight-up Visa card.

Hope this helps!

Deva Jo

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone here. My doubt is that me being in India and having a domestic debit card of HDFC, Will international transaction fees be charged from me ? Hope for a sooner reply.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I do believe you can use Paypal on MS my lad bought Destiny a few weeks ago after spending a couple of hours going round in circles trying to update his debit card for a new one.

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05