- 01-18-2013, 01:21 AM #1
Maybe this is possible but darned if I can find a way.... I would like to be able to send / receive emails as the alias I have set up on outlook.com through my windows phone, preferably on 7.5 but if it is only possible on 8 it would hasten my move to 8. Bit of background if it helps - my main email address associated with my MS and outlook.com account is my business email address which is on google apps. Any ideas greatly received.
- 01-20-2013, 02:02 AM #2
I believe that you can go to the options on Outlook.com to set up a default from/to address when using your Outlook account. In it, you can select your alias, then that would, ostensibly, be the default address you send from on your phone. I haven't used this, personally, but that appears to make how it would work. Give that a shot?
- 01-20-2013, 11:23 PM #5
I guess I could try removing the google account, then adding the outlook account then attempt to add the google apps account back on but I think this might be opening a can of worms bigger than the problem I'm trying to solve. My work email is a must have, my outlook.com alias is a nice to have so I think I will leave things as they are for now.
Thanks again for your help.
- 01-22-2013, 11:19 PM #6
- By Squatting Hen in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 32Last Post: 03-28-2014, 05:45 AM
- By goodbar_dev in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 01-06-2013, 08:51 AM
- By Gorki247 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
- By jmerrey in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 10-29-2012, 05:43 AM
- By scottcraft in forum Microsoft News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2012, 05:42 PM