- 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM #1
So, I got my Lumia 620 running Windows 8. I've got everything setup on the phone with the exception of the micro SD card. I pulled the micro SD card from my Samsung Focus (running Windows 7.5) and I believe it is part of the extended onboard storage still. I put it in my 620 and the card is not recognized. I put it in my laptop using a USB adapter and the drive is not recognized!
How do I reset/format my Windows Phone 7.5 micro SD card so that I can use it on another device?
- 01-22-2013, 04:08 PM #3
I can't imagine that this has rendered my 8GB micro SD card unusable outside the context of my Samsung Focus.
- 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM #5
- 01-22-2013, 04:56 PM #6
OK, so we're all on the same page, the card is coming from a Samsung Focus with Windows 7.5. The Nokia is my new phone.
How is it possible to still render it useless? Has anyone attempted to recover their SD card from ANY Windows 7.5 Phone?
- 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM #7
- 02-18-2013, 01:26 AM #8
So, I wanted to provide an update. I tried all kinds of ways and tools to format the SD card to no avail. I went online and saw that I could get a new card for less than $10. So, I went to the store and bought a new 16GB micro SD Card for $18. Seems wasteful to not be able to reuse the old card.
I just couldn't see continuing to bang my head against the wall over this. Formatting a Windows 7.5 microSD card to reuse?
- By kirbybaker in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 11Last Post: 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM
- By ellajackson95 in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
- By mase123987 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
- By davidkhou in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
- By jalb in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 4Last Post: 05-10-2011, 04:48 PM