Windows Phone with qwerty similar to T-Mo Dash

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I'm Still sort of new to WP7 and would like to know if there are any windows phones (WP7 or any upcoming WP8 devices) that have a qwerty keyboard similar to the T-Mobile Dash.
I got the Dash during the Sidekick era and was extremely pleased with the device- it didn't have many apps, but was extremely customizable and a joy to use. (Not sure why the customizable part has somewhat changed in the newer devices). And while I find that using my Lumia has been the best touch screen screw experience that I've ever had, I still wouldn't mind having a device with a pretty good keyboard. It would be a pleasure on my line of work.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Last edited:

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I'm Still sort of new to WP7 and would like to know if there are any windows phones that (WP7 or any upcoming WP8 devices) that have a qwerty keyboard similar to the T-Mobile Dash.
I got the Dash during the Sidekick era and was extremely pleased with the device- it didn't have many apps, but was extremely customizable and a joy to use. (Not sure why the customizable part has somewhat changed in the newer devices). And while I find that using my Lumia has been the best touch screen screw experience that I've ever had, I still wouldn't mind having a device with a pretty good keyboard. It would be a pleasure on my line of work.

hey there ;)

I am using the HTC 7 Pro (or "Arrive" if you buy it from Sprint in America) and just love it! I had a blackberry before and wanted to have a nice QWERTY-Phone after my BB broke... so I bought the 7 Pro and have to say: awesome!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I'm Still sort of new to WP7 and would like to know if there are any windows phones that (WP7 or any upcoming WP8 devices) that have a qwerty keyboard similar to the T-Mobile Dash.

A Windows Phone with a physical keyboard is limited to just three devices. The Dell Venue Pro, LG Quantum and the HTC 7 Pro (Arrive). Of these, only the Dell has a portrait keyboard, the other two are side sliders.

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
A Windows Phone with a physical keyboard is limited to just three devices. The Dell Venue Pro, LG Quantum and the HTC 7 Pro (Arrive). Of these, only the Dell has a portrait keyboard, the other two are side sliders.
Thank you; that is what I wanted to know. I prefer the portrait keyboard to the sliders, but didn't want the Dell Pro. Wish Nokia would release a Lumia that was similarly designed to the old E71... What a dream.
Thank you all.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately for you and others its probably only a dream. But sometimes dreams do come true. Dont hold your breath.

cdgoin

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The Dell Venue Pro is about $150 on Ebay NEW (Just make sure it a T-mobile one)

Then you can go to XDA-Developers and upgrade it to 7.8 so its just like having a Win8 phone.

Love mine and have bought extras

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes