High Contrast Display Mode

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I know the features of 7.8 have been listed numerous times, but does anyone know what is stopping the High Contrast Display Mode from being added? I know it falls under 'Ease of Access Settings' on WP8, but to me it just appears to be the light background with black tiles.

I think it looks awesome (A closer look at Windows Phone 8) and was hoping to see it on my device, but sadly it doesnt look like its going to be available.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Isn't high contrast a feature on all wp7.8 and wp8? And it is a feature for people who are colorblind from what I understand. So ease of use makes sense since it makes it easier for people who can't see all colors.

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Isn't high contrast a feature on all wp7.8 and wp8? And it is a feature for people who are colorblind from what I understand. So ease of use makes sense since it makes it easier for people who can't see all colors.

I dont really have any issues seeing the screen now and I am colour blind (well, colour deficient - red/green), but I do think it would be helpful for those worse off than I am and I do know some - all the guys on my moms side of the family are colour blind with a couple being worse than me. To be honest, I just really like the way it looks, but maybe it will make things easier for my eyes.

For those who have a hard time understanding this and if you play COD: MW3 or BO2, they have a colour blind mode. When its off, I cannot tell who is on my team and who is against. I gave up on the first BO because it didnt have this feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo