Home screen positioning 7.8

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I know all this has been said before but I can't find a specific thread.

I didn't really think about this until I read a post of someone saying how they didn't know why the home screen had a large blank space at the top when in it's default position. Obviously his point was to fit more tile real estate. I started moving my home screen up and realizing that the poster was on to something. I didn't have cut off tiles at the bottom, of course with certain tile positioning, but filling that blank space at the top actually gives the screen a more fuller look.

I don't see why we can't easily set our own default home screen position, even if the volume bar blocks tiles momentarily, that's a very cheap trade-off... Hopefully in another update, features will be focused on next time since the tiles got the focus this time. I love my 900 7.8 and I would never ever trade for another device... Except the 920 ;)

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why we can't easily set our own default home screen position
I know why we can't. Its not implemented ;)
Tbh, it sounds like a good idea and a pretty obvious thing but I fear it would complicate things a little too much. I would prefer to keep it simple.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I know why we can't. Its not implemented ;)
Tbh, it sounds like a good idea and a pretty obvious thing but I fear it would complicate things a little too much. I would prefer to keep it simple.

I implied that it could be easily tied into settings, I've got a smartphone so why shouldn't it have that feature? You don't have to use the setting if you don't want to. I'm sure it would be very simple!

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The more I think about it the more I think you're right. However, it should be done in an easy and elegant way. That means it should not be buried in settings but rather obvious ... like the tile resize stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes