How to upgrade 700 to 7.8 version?

AlexBC

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I got a Rogers-based Nokia 710 phone, unlocked and used on Fido (all in Canada).

I have yet to get a Software upgrade notice on the phone, although I know the upgrade is issued... how do I get to upgrade the OS to 7.8?

Thanks

johnporter29

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
It's not been official released as yet, it' rumored that it will be released on 31st Jan, so I guess anytime from that date you should get a notification of the availability. However, there are copies that can be installed using Navifirm / Nokia Care Suite.

AlexBC

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It's not been official released as yet, it' rumored that it will be released on 31st Jan, so I guess anytime from that date you should get a notification of the availability. However, there are copies that can be installed using Navifirm / Nokia Care Suite.

Really? I read Rogers has already released it... can you share the Nokia upgrade link?

Thanks

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a Rogers-based Nokia 710 phone, unlocked and used on Fido (all in Canada).

I have yet to get a Software upgrade notice on the phone, although I know the upgrade is issued... how do I get to upgrade the OS to 7.8?

Thanks

I'm also using a Rogers 710 unlocked on Fido. I got the 7.8 update through Zune today, but I had to do the "disconnect trick" in order to get it to work. Turn off all wifi and cellular data on your phone, plug it into your PC and try this:
Force Mango update early through Zune software and avoid frostbite | Windows Phone Central

I only waited less than a second before shutting off the Internet connection on my PC during the process, btw.

pilot2fly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'd trying to do the "pull the plug" trick for my HTC Radar. When I disable the Wifi from the Network and Sharing Center, a message automatically comes up in Zune saying it can't update right now and to make sure the Internet is enabled on my PC. I am disabling the Internet right after I hit update. Phone is in Airplane mode too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99