Has anyone in the U.S. received the 7.8 update?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i predict ATT won't push the updates for any phone other than the 900. You will have to debrand or reflash to an unbranded rom to get it.

dqgeek

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Updated my wife's 900 (AT&T) last night without any tricks whatsoever. It was showing update available in the settings and when I plugged it in, it went right to downloading and installing

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900 on AT&T.

I updated yesterday about 12:15pm central time without any 'Zune trick' that I keep hearing about. It asked me if I wanted to update once I connected my phone to my PC.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! I hope AT&T rolls out the update to everyone soon.

I'm really waiting for the Titan update because that's what my girl uses. I won't be able to check until I get off work.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I live in the Detroit area and have AT&T. I didn't receive an update notice Wednesday night so I tried the forced update with no sucess. Tried it again last night (still hadn't received the notice) and this time I was able to force the update. There were two updates and I had to force them both. This morning at work I receive the update notice after I have updated......go figure.

Last edited:

ZeroGravity003

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
its seems like t-mobile and other carriers other than AT&T are still in the closet trying to figure out when they want to come out. they better give the update soon cause WE dedicated WP owners want the update even though, its not really close to WP8. Just a taste is enough.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I could not get the timing right with the cable trick. Did the update on my titan with seveneighter.

I Did It! Courtesy Josh

Steps:

In my case I had a problem with this error (when my device was restarted it always appeared the next error (update device 160a69e1 - 160a69e1 - 43c1151c - a579b1de - cf0d5649 complete with error code 80070013.) and that error is because we need to update our firmware, and for that, you need to download the HOTFIX (spl_2.6.160015.3_WWE)here...https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...c.com%2Fwww%2Fsupport%2Fnews.a&token=WiZYqTaG..., you only need to follow the steps described in that page.

Run "spl_2.6.160015.3_WWE", but if you have a problem trying to install that upate and one driver is required in your PC (qualcomm cdma technologies msm) just let "windows update" download that driver and automatically will be installed.

Follow the steps described in that page one more time and your problem will be solved, with that driver installed you won?t have problems to run that HOTFIX and your Firmware will be Updated.

After that you will be ready to the next procedure.

1.- Download WP7_update_tool and run the operative system that you got (x64 or x86).

2.- Download "seveneighter" and execute it as Administrator.

3.- Click to "Install WP7.8" and choose you language (search in your phone in settings--region+language and put all laguages that appear in "Display Language"...THIS IS IMPORTANT!...In my case I only have as language "English" so I used that pack (English EU).

Your device will be restarted and that error will be gone and automatically all updates will be downloaded and installed....you only need to wait for a minutes and you will see how your device is restarted everytime one updated is installed.

What is it with all of these threads never including a simple link to the files and programs that need to be used? Where do I find WP7_update_tool? Where do I find a program called seveneigher?

Found them:
seveneighter
Download: seveneighter.zip - Windows Phone Hacker

WP7_update_tool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=751891

Trying this now.

Worked like a charm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member