This is getting infuriating

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So, in addition to my phone crashing all over the place, I've now run into year another problem. Whenever I connect my phone to Zune the phone restarts itself, over and over again. I've tried it on different computers and I can't get it to fix itself. The fact that I can't use the cable pull trick to work without the phone restarting is driving me crazy.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. I have the same device, and mine never restarts when I connect it to the PC.

What version of Windows are you running?

Are you connecting it to a USB port on the front or back of the PC?

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Front of the tower. I'm running Windows 7, but it's only started doing this recently. If I have it connected to the computer it's fine. However if Zune is open it restarts the phone over and over.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there another computer in the house or a friend's computer you can use? If the phone doesn't restart then at least you'll know the 900 isn't the problem.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Also, try the ports in the back. The front ports don't always pull enough power, and it may not be causing the issue until the software hits it and it starts trying to communicate through the USB port.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So, in addition to my phone crashing all over the place, I've now run into year another problem. Whenever I connect my phone to Zune the phone restarts itself, over and over again. I've tried it on different computers and I can't get it to fix itself. The fact that I can't use the cable pull trick to work without the phone restarting is driving me crazy.

Are you by chance pulling the USB cable? The trick requires disconnecting your PC from the Internet by pulling the ethernet cable from your computer, or disabling wifi if it's online wirelessly.

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I had this random restart problem and finally traced it down to bad apps, see if you installed any apps in the recent past and delete them and see how your phone works.
wifi keep alive was one of the culprits.
hope this helps.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Aha! I do have keep alive yet rarely use it. I'll try that. And I have tried it on a second computer. I don't know what the USB pull is, but I was just recently forcing the 7.8 update and turning on/off my internet. The phone still restarted with both situations though.

Edit: Thank you! Haven't had a single restart yet since I uninstalled it!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786