- 02-09-2013, 05:51 PM #28
Forgive me for sounding naive, but who gives a fat baby's a$$ what carrier is listed? As long as you have the proper update and you get your HSPA signal? I've had a couple of Quantums and the first thing I do is put the Telstra ROM in it to update and have Internet Sharing working without my carrier's consent. I wish all WP phones had the Quantum's MFG app and onboard reg edit.
- 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM #30
Hope this helps!
- 02-16-2013, 05:18 PM #31
1) I have a unlocked dev unlocked att quantum and i am currently in jamaica and interested in this update. what do you mean by "(I had to use the cable trick a total of 5 times for each update from 7720)" because this is my daily driver and i cant afford to have in brick on me :I
2) i have a re-booting problem. any third party app that is used extensively causes the phone to re-boot (especially if i am listening to music and using the app; example supertube) have you EVER had this problem, heard about this problem? do u have any solutions for this problem and do you think windows 7.8 will fix this problem or make it worse? also i originally got the phone with no-do installed on it but ever since i updated to 7.5 i have had this problem. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! one.
- 02-21-2013, 02:25 PM #34
If you're on AT&T or a carrier other than Bell
1. Change your carrier through MFG (277634#*# is the password to use MFG & see instructions below if you don't know how to change carrier) to the carrier BEL-CA from ATT-US
2. Use SevenEighter to do the update (it skips using Zune).
3. Once updated to 7.8, go back to MFG and change BEL-CA back to ATT-US. MFG still works on 7.8. Also contrary to the "blog" of Catholic, 7.8 works fine and LG Quantum is already out of warranty anyways. (The limited warranty for the product extends for TWELVE (12) MONTHS beginning on the date of purchase of the product with valid proof of purchase, or absent valid proof of purchase, FIFTEEN (15) MONTHS from date of manufacture as determined by the unit’s manufacture date code.) AT&T sold them more than 15 months ago and ceased around then. My contract for my LG Quantum started in January 2011 and it just expired last month, well past the warranty period.
How to change carrier:
A-Launch MFG and enter the password 277634#*# when prompted for it.
B-Tap the Engineer Menu item.
C-Tap the Other Setting menu item.
D-the Edit registry menu item.
E-Set the input boxes on this menu as follows:
Select ROOT_PATH: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Input SUB_PATH: \System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\
Input KEY: MobileOperator
Select Data Type: STRING
Input Data: ATT-US
Then double check and select "Query"
You should get a data string that says
"mobileoperator" = ATT-US
02-21-2013, 02:52 PM #35
- 128 Posts
You do make a good point about the quantum's warranty with AT&T being expired by now. That post is due for an update, which I will hopefully take care of in the next day or two.
Honestly, I would go ahead and make a WP7.8 custom rom and then flash it since I have experience in the past with making custom roms for windows mobile devices, but the rom format (as far as I know) isn't supported by any of the current rom tools (the flash.bin file in the rom has a RA000F format).
- 02-28-2013, 07:53 PM #37
I rebranded to BEL-CA and was able to update to 7.10 (8107) but I could not get updates after that. Zune just gives me a message that my phone is up to date. I cannot see any difference in the phone other than now I have some stupid pre-installed photographs of numbers that flash through the pictures tile on my start screen instead of my own photographs. Joy! What I really want is the ability to use my custom ring tones and I still do not have that.
I am going to try disconnecting the internet while Zune is looking for the update to see if that helps.
- 03-04-2013, 08:40 AM #39
I am giving up and getting either an HTC WP 8X or Nokia Lumia 920. I tried changing the carrier to BEL-CA and that got me two updates only. I tried the quick disconnect trick several times on several days, and got nothing. Then I tried the seven-eighter, but couldn't get it to work. I don't understand why. I watched YouTube tutorials that made it look simple. I followed the directions step by step, but absolutely nothing happened when I ran the program with my Quantum cabled to my laptop.
- 03-04-2013, 09:24 AM #40
- 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM #42
Over the weekend I went from 8773 to 8862 using 000-88 and Zune. I do notice launching apps from Start screen is a bit slower than before, but feel it's a worthwhile trade-off for getting the new features. It is a nice refresh to keep me going until someone releases a new WP with a keyboard.
06-22-2013, 05:47 PM #45
- 128 Posts
Finally broke down and decided to go ahead and upgrade my AT&T LG Quantum to 7.8 using the BEL-CA MobileOperator "rebrand".
Update(s) went very smoothly and there were a total of 9 to go from my original version (7.10.7720.68?) to 7.10.8862.144.
7. 7.10.8858.136 (Initial 7.8 release?)
It is odd seeing the home screen without the gutter on the right!
- By power5 in forum Phone WarsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-11-2012, 09:20 AM
- By jdd77 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 09-30-2011, 04:42 PM
- By AustinG909 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 09-29-2011, 03:40 PM
- By KataraSEP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2011, 02:58 PM