Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

I haven't taken the leap yet, and after reading about this issue as well as the bandwidth usage / battery drain issue, I'm not sure it's a great idea.

But darn it, I want those small tiles.

Do you know if it's possible to revert back to my phone's current state (mango) if I try this and dislike it?

Only if you do not flash your device using Nokia Care Suite or similar. You can restore if you update using seveneighter, one of the cab sender methods, or the official Zune method.

Performing a full flash (recover, refurbish) basically renders all previous restore points unusable so I advise against that method.

Thanks... so just to be sure I'm understanding, if I just do seveneighter to update my phone (Verizon Trophy), I'll be able to drop back to today's state. Is that right? Sounds pretty ideal!

maps is laggier or is it just me?

The question is whos running official updates and if MS will even fix the issues because besides this lag there's reports of data bugs and battery problems. I guess there's a reason all older phones didn't get the update, most of us are on two year hardware so consider that.

I'm sure the Nexus S can even run the newest version of jelly bean so i guess there is something to be thankful for.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ^ I have a gen 1 device and still got the update. But anyway, data bug wise: If you see *ANY* blank live tiles on your start screen (possibly a tile simply coloured dark grey or something), unpin immediately.
    Developer

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    It also feels slower on my HTC Trophy with a 7.8 custom rom. Only in the start screen though, so I thought it was just the rom's fault.

Also, I've noticed a lot more HTC Trophy owners on WPCentral - where were you guys before?

Camera is very buggy, switching from video to stills is hit or miss and will sometimes boot you out of the camera app. Sometimes the screen goes black and you have to toggle to the other mode for it to come back.

Also it's still worth noting that I hate that you cannot attach FFC videos to MMS messages. WHY would you only be allowed to attach main camera videos?? What is the difference!?

placebo effect

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I agree, the start screen has become laggy after the 7.8 update, dont think we will get any future update which will fix this issue, hopefully jaxbot,Heathcliff or any other xda dev can provide homebrew fix for this.

That is 7.8

Quote Originally Posted by ololmarc View Post
    placebo effect
    Well, here's the proof mr. ololmarc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12