Screwed WP 7.5's boot, how to load new one?

Androxys

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I ran into a serious mishap with my brand new work phone. I was handed a HTC radar c110 with Windows phone 7.5 to work with, but the phone had a little issue with calls and I decided to do a factory reset to see if it would sort it out.

So I searched on how to do a factory reset, and took a quick run to the bathroom before I could complete it. But my friend decided to finish it off for me, and somehow mispressed some button I guess, because a screen saying "Omega system loader menu" came up instead, with "FFU method" and 2 options, "MTPz" and "TFTP protocol". She took a blind guess at TFTP protocol, and when I came back the phone wouldn't turn on, it keeps resetting every 10 seconds and only says "TFTP protocol" on the bottom of the screen. Sometimes an image asking to connect the phone to the pc comes up.

I have tried the factory reset after this a couple of times, but when the phone restarts, this TFTP protocol image still comes up and the phone won't start. My guess is I have effed up the OS. What do I do now? Any guess? I don't want to go to my new job on monday and say that I screwed up the phone they gave me yesterday :S.

Any help is very appreciated. Thank you very much.

EDIT: I can get to USB host mode screen (white screen with "enter usb host mode"), and the white screen where you can "image crc" and "factory reset", not sure if it's called bootloader screen? I'm pretty sure I can get somewhere from one of these screens, but I'm not familiar with rom flashing and bootloaders at all.

Last edited:

Androxys

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
No, the phone had been with me for a day so I had no important data to backup. What I had was a problem where the screen would go all black during an outgoing call, and I couldn't interact further with the phone from then on. I was trying to fix it with a factory reset.

I have been investigating further and I can now access the bootloader mode (the factory reset one), update mode (the omega system loader one) and usb host mode. I just need to figure out how to flash a rom (preferably an official one, as it's a company phone) into it now. I'm installing Zune to see if it does the trick.

EDIT: I was using Zune as a reccomended from HTC support page to update the firmware, but this seems to be only a music player, I am now confused.

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
In Zune, does it show the phone connected? You get a phone icon in the bottom corner. If so, you can go into settings, update, to look for firmware. I don't think it will help you though.

read through the articles in the front page about manually installing updates.

Androxys

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
@ Stig: No, Zune doesn't detect the phone. I am now trying to find a working rom to manually install.

@ lippidp: I would, but 2 reasons I don't is that I just started in that company yesterday, I'm an intern and I'm kind of ashamed of doing that (but I probably will have to in the end of the day), and second, this was one of very few HTC's that were handed to the interns, if I return it I will get a Samsung omnia light for a replacement (which most of them got, as the were out of htc's), which is a terrible, terrible phone.

EDIT: I got it fixed, not really sure how, but trying different things ended up booting the phone as normal. I am back to having the same problem as before though, but better than having a bricked phone I guess. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes