Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Since updating to 7.8 on my HTC Radar c110e the BBC News Mobile live tile has stopped updating. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it has not solved the issue. I am also having the same problem with the WPCentral live tile and Facebook live tile.

Quick update here. Now my tiles that are updated by background agents seem to be working just fine. Tiles that use push are still broken though. The funny thing is that toasts are still working just fine. So for apps that have both tile and toast notifications, the toasts come in but the tile still won't update. That kind of goes along with what Jay posted in the front page article.

Here's an interesting investigation from Heathcliff, creator of WP7 Root Tools (found via WMPowerUser):
    WP7 Root Tools - Unleash the power of Windows Phone - Bad live-tiles - The saga continues

Basically he confirms that something is very wrong with WP7.8 live tiles, and that it's pretty much up to MS to fix it.

I have a LG Optimus 7 (Free) in Portugal, two days after the update to 7.8, most of my live tiles stop working and became static, Accuweather, XE currency, The daily beast...and so on, the only ones that still work are Engadget and WPCentral. After a Hard reset and reinstall, the problem presists.
    And my music tile dont have live tile either.

So as far as I can tell, MS hasn't even acknowledged the issue here. Does anyone know of any communications channel that MS is listening to, so we can make sure that somebody there knows about it? Or are we 7.8 users left in the dust?

This is starting to hurt app developers too. I'm seeing bad reviews on some apps complaining that the live tiles don't work on 7.8, even though it's not the developers' fault.
    I have this issue on a Lumia 900 on ATT. I expected it to be more widespread as I am a very average user, top 50 apps probably. Who should I go to? ATT, Nokia or Microsoft? Thanks.

This is happening to my 3rd party tiles. They worked for a few days after 7.8 update but have since frozen. This is a fundamental feature of this OS and its broken. Unbelievable.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Hidden Pineapple (developers of Rowi) have been retweeting users all day who fixed this issue by pinning the Bing Translator tile. You guys can check it out on their Twitter @rowiapp

Didn't work for me.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    Hidden Pineapple (developers of Rowi) have been retweeting users all day who fixed this issue by pinning the Bing Translator tile. You guys can check it out on their Twitter @rowiapp
    Yeah, unfortunately this didn't work for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    Thanks, it works for me.

Global Posts
    2,565 Global Posts
    I got an update for the 'Breaking News' app which until now never had live tiles. Well now it does, and it was obviously compiled for 7.8 as it supports double wide tiles, but more interesting is that live tiles work for this app.

As I suspected Microsoft is going to expect all developers to recompile their apps for 7.8 and use reflectance for updating Live Tiles. Absolutely incredible that they would allow this to break so badly for old apps.

So hard reset or waiting for MS fix? :-S

Global Posts
    2,565 Global Posts
    neither is coming. MS is saying devs need to use a reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    As I suspected Microsoft is going to expect all developers to recompile their apps for 7.8 and use reflectance for updating Live Tiles.
    Where have they said this? Anywhere official?

Hi all.
    just hard reset my Lumia800.
    Now all live tiles done exept official FB app -.-'
    Also do not get notifications in Messags App from FB chat.
    Maybe is a FB temporary bug.
    I dunno :s

Microsoft, WFT, fix it!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilrex View Post
    Hi all.
    just hard reset my Lumia800.
    Now all live tiles done exept official FB app -.-'
    Also do not get notifications in Messags App from FB chat.
    Maybe is a FB temporary bug.
    I dunno :s

Microsoft, WFT, fix it!!!!!
    You sshouldn't have done that. facebook is push, so, i would imagine, unrelated

Quote Originally Posted by sigfrid696 View Post
    Is there a channel to inform microsoft of this bug ?
    sigfrid,
    I opened this thread in the Microsoft official support forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-8e0e62295236

Please have a look, posts comments and/or click "me too". Microsoft has to do something if so many people have this problem.

Cheers

maTTeo
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mtcerio View Post
    sigfrid,

Windows Phone 7.8 live tile update problem - Microsoft Community

Please have a look, posts comments and/or click "me too". Microsoft has to do something if so many people have this problem.

Cheers

maTTeo
    Thanks for posting this. Hopefully MS will look into it if we can get more people to post and click "me too".

Everyone needs to go and reply to that thread. Microsoft needs to realize they've dropped the ball on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcerio View Post
    sigfrid,

Windows Phone 7.8 live tile update problem - Microsoft Community

Cheers

maTTeo
    Thank you very much , I'll contribute to that thread too, I hope in a fast and reliable solution from MS. What I can say is that after the reset the phone is working good, although I've installed only few apps until now...

Per WMPU, MS has acknowledged the problem!

Microsoft acknowledges WP 7.8 Live Tile issues, may release a fix | WMPoweruser

Apparently they are considering an update. Uh, thanks?

Hi there,
    Have you received last update ? In my opinion the problem is completely solved, now all my live tiles work and the start screen is so fast as in 7.5, I'm really satisfied :)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12