Has 7.8 removed WMV playback capability?

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i have the same problem. Before upgrading to 7.8 i could stream to the phone using windows media player 12 as dlna server. wmp12 has the capability to transcode on the fly to the phone, but not the capability to pre-transcode file....using another dlna server, kooraroo, which has the capability to pretranscode files i can see them again, but only after pre-transcoding....Let me know if you obtain other informations.....
Alessandro

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like its seeing the original format of the video and that is why its rejecting it. As you know the phone does no transcoding so its not an issue with the hardware. Might just need an app update so its not looking for the file format until it has already started to process the video on the server Have you emailed the dev?

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
the only way i found in order to stream to the phone is to use dlna servers that have the capability to pretranscode files, for example Kooraroo (the best i found), Mezzmo, Nero kwik media... Do you think that we can inform Microsoft of this problem ? What is the best channel to do that ?
Thanks

Fabrizio Calamida

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, Microsoft Windows Phone developer's team know this issue but for now not noticed bugfix for this issue. I spent more times for investigate and when posting question in developer forum I received this answer.

Last edited:

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
We need to continue insisting on the thread opened on windows community support, today I read that WP 7.8 will be supported 18 months from now, so there's hope this bug will be fixed...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven